What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Calendar Not Syncing to Google Calendar on Android

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
They won't because they are on iCloud and you can't directly sync between iCloud and google. You can individually edit each one to change the calendar it appears in. Find the event in the app press the edit button and then select the calendar you want it in.

OP
D

danielgaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see that you can toggle back and forth...can you select more than one calendar option? You mentioned the inability to "directly sync between iCloud and Google." Is there an indirect method to do so?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Just stick to the google calendars that will easily sync across all your devices, iOS, android, desktop. Don't really see the point of you using iCloud for calendar when you are wanting of sync outside of apple.

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I work shift work and I updated and work event on everyday in the months of sept-dec and its only showing up right in the months of November and December...sept and oct are missing events for random days. I have the same settings on my galaxy s 3 to sync to my google account but it's doing this on both iPads. Any ideas as I've already deleted the google account from iPad and reinstalled and still the same

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
All I can suggest is closely comparing the events for the events in those months that work and the days that don't. If you notice a difference in say, number off alerts, , hours, whatever, then try fiddling with them to see if it makes a difference.

skeptical875

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This happened to me also. I finally figured out that I changed my password for my google account on my pc but forgot to update it on my ipad. Once I updated my password in the calendar settings of the ipad all worked again.

rdhartm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey gang,

Pretty new to the iPad game, and having issues with various calendars. When I enter events on the iPad into the calendar, it's not syncing to our Android-based smart phones. If I enter it through Google calendar on the iPad, it shows up, just not when I use the calender option on the iPad. Has anyone come across this issue? Wondering if it might be the difference in operation systems.
Here's what finally worked for me. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 on Verizon.
First -- be sure that when you add calendar items on the Android that you add to the calendar you mean to sync. It sounds obvious, but it tripped me up.
Second -- the calendar app that comes on the iPad doesn't sync events I added on my iPad. Those events do not show on my Android or my PC, even overnight. The calendar app that came with my iPad does display events that I create on my Android and my PC. I don't understand why, but that's what happens. The Google calendar app behaved the same way. I downloaded CalenMob, a free app, from the App Store on my iPad. Bingo. Everything works, both ways. To refresh CalenMob quickly, I just close it and reopen it. To synch my Android quickly, I select sync from the right top menu (the 3 vertical dots).
This drove me nuts and took a ton of my time, but I'm up and running now. I hope this helps others. It's a huge relief for me because I was starting to think about getting a different phone, and I just got this one.

Most reactions

Latest posts