What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Ipad apps for Business purpose (replace Laptop)

vasanthmon21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Please help in choosing apps for ipad3 so as to replace Laptop usage for business purpose. Requires alternatives for excel, ppt, word, pdf, winzip, and how to organize docs(business and personali.e video,image,audio) in ipad

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
First thing you have to remember is the iPad is NOT a laptop, and though you can do a huge range of business activities on it, there is no file system, apps can only open and organize documents that they can work with, and if you can't make the mindset shift, you will be greatly disappointed.

My first recommendation for apps is Goodreader. It deals with a large number of formats for display purposes, handles zip files, can interact with Dropbox as well as many other server protocols, and in my opinion is one of the very few must have apps for serious iPaders.

As for working with Excel, Word and PowerPoint files, I prefer the iWork suite from Apple, however I also use Docs 2 Go.

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was just looking through AppStart this morning to see some updated suggestions they may have. There's tons of apps out there that allow you to be business-productive, depending on your needs. I've found tons of apps on the free AppStart app for business, for my childs first year in college to help her in the transition, games for my younger child and productivity apps for myself. AppStart gives a pretty good discription of them in their app.

AppStart for iPad (2012 Edition) for iPad on the iTunes App Store

OP
V

vasanthmon21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ya I got the idea Thanks for the reply, but in my kind of business I have a lot of files(excel,ppt,pdf and word) which I have to show to the dealers on the go. Now what i do is go there and open the lap and show it, There comes the privilage of the iPad wherein you can show them with out the hassles of loging into the laptop. But I have to arrange all the data in a logical manner as we do in Laptops or PCs

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try Docs 2 Go and Goodreader.

Both have organizational folders that you can use and will display the files you are using.

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Agreed on the Docs2Go and GoodReader. I use those to pull up and show excel, word and PDF docs a lot to customers. GoodReader is pretty powerful and I haven't even come close to using it to its full potential so I'm sure there's more that it can do than I even know about!

rbrodeur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can send back and forth Excel, Word and PowerPoint documents between PC and iPad through Dropbox and open them on iPad with CloudOn

Most reactions

Latest posts