What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad app: eNotebook app allows annotations on DOC, PPT, and PDF files

Kgiff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
in iTunes: eNotebook for iPad on the iTunes App Store

READ AND WRITE OVER YOUR TEACHER’S CLASS FILES
With most teachers using DOC, PPT, and PDF file formats, no file conversions are needed for students to quickly switch from reading a file, taking notes on that file’s page, and then returning back to reading the original file.
The Pen and Highlighter features allow the student to vary the color and width of the mark.
The Crop tool selects a section of a file and adds it to a blank page, freeing up the rest of the page for additional student notes.
Student-created pages are made using the Insert Blank Page feature.

Annotate on PPT.png

IMMEDIATE TRANSITION FROM READER TO WRITER MODE
Using a unique “Reader/Writer†method, eNotebook lets students follow along with the teacher’s files and then start taking notes on them immediately with no file conversion needed.
Once class files are downloaded, Internet access is not necessary for file management or taking notes.

3 file formats.png

INNOVATIVE “DRAG AND DROP†FILE MANAGEMENT
Subject-based eNotebooks are created within seconds allowing students to organize their virtual backpack by downloaded teacher files and student notes.
eNotebooks contain separate folders for downloaded files and annotated pages.
Downloaded files and annotated pages can be moved from one eNotebook to another.

eBackpack.png

GREAT CUSTOMER SUPPORT
Students from elementary, middle, high, and college were all involved with the user testing of the eNotebook app, so the students’ needs were always considered.
WeLearn Educational Software is focused on students and teachers and improving the educational process. Don’t hesitate to contact us with a comment, concern, or suggestion.
Our support forum contains tips and recommendations on how to maximize your eNotebook experience.

Last edited:

cgraham

iPF Noob
Reaction score
eNotebook still needs work...

The education community certainly needs an app similar to this but it must also support presentations. Although this app has some interesting features (like being able to select text and launch a new page, allowing for more space for notes), it has a way to go to become a good app for teaching presentations. The handwriting is not as smooth as it needs to write any amount of text on the slide during a presentation and there is no zoom mode. I can't imagine that students would find the jerkiness of the handwriting or the lack of a zoom window helpful in their notetaking. If you were able to improve the handwriting, add a zoom window, and make a presentation mode where the audience sees only the "slide" and the annotations as they appear, without all of the "behind-the-scenes" images, it would be great. As it is, I can't use it in my classes. The search continues... DocAS is very close, they just need a presentation mode that hides all of the zoom windows, pen choices/changes etc.

arhclarinet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking for an app for ipad 3 that will allow me to download class ppt files, open them in the app and TYPE directly onto the slide. I've heard some about eNOtebook but, it has terrible reviews. I'm looking for something that will actually work for this purpose. Does anyone know of an app that will do this?

Most reactions

Latest posts