What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad 3 4G Won't Play HD YouTube Video's!

Toyo5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
we Have 2 New iPad 3 32Gig 4G's of which neither will play HD YouTube Video's unless your willing to pause and wait 15 minutes for them to load....VERY disappointing.
This happens even when using the apple iPad App. All lower resolution Vid's are just fine and load as fast as our laptops. Also, no problems with Wi/Fi reception playing Netflix or Hulu+, their beautiful and sharp as a tack...so this doesn't seem to be the Wi/Fi problem being discussed concerning Wi/Fi only models.
Unless I'm missing something, or anybody has a solution, I don't think the A5X Processor can Handle HD's heavy Packet loads via You Tube. If that's true then I'm upset! Best to all

virginblue4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just played a couple of HD videos straight through and had absolutely no problem. It's nothing to do with that a A5X processor. Either it's your iPad or your connection.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Youtube HD plays fine here too. It is amazing how people assume that if their setup doesn't work right, the problem must be the new iPad. :)

Daylife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Youtube HD plays fine here too. It is amazing how people assume that if their setup doesn't work right, the problem must be the new iPad. :)

I feel like people are trying to find issues with the new iPad lol

jennlynnn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine does not play any video at all. Fresh out of the box yesterday. I have updated the IOS and installed a video player because the youtube app is nowhere to be found. This is very annoying. Any clue what is going on? I'm on WIFI and the Verizon LTE is also available.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
jennlynnn said:
Mine does not play any video at all. Fresh out of the box yesterday. I have updated the IOS and installed a video player because the youtube app is nowhere to be found. This is very annoying. Any clue what is going on? I'm on WIFI and the Verizon LTE is also available.

There is no native YouTube app on a device running iOS 6. There are several apps such as YouPlayer and Jasmine, as well as the YouTube iPhone App which is available in the App Store and works with iPads as well.

Most reactions

Latest posts