What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New HDMI Adapter turns iPad into a display monitor?

sum azn dood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sure you've all heard about the new HDMI adapter that was announced along with the iPad 2, allowing an iPad to output video onto an hdmi display (hdtv, monitor, etc). My question is, do you think we'll be able to do the opposite. Plug the other end of the HDMI cable into, let's say, an XBOX and be able to use the iPad as a 1024x768 monitor? Not the most practical use for it but one of many possibilities. The reason I ask is that I think it would be cool to be able to connect the iPad to an dSLR camera via HDMI and use the iPad as a 10" viewfinder. Of course there would be no native support for this by Apple, but could it be possible for developers to make an app to make this possible?

oclictis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Potentially, It works on anything with the video pins and whatnot
You'd have to make sure to see If they match, otherwise you could damage your equipment, (obviously).

Most reactions

Latest posts