What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to use HDMI to USB to connect monitor with iPad?

adson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know I can use HDMI to USB connect a monitor with a computer, but how about use this way to connect iPad?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I know I can use HDMI to USB connect a monitor with a computer, but how about use this way to connect iPad?
I'm afraid that it won't work. The only way to display the iPad screen on an external monitor is to use AirPlay mirroring with an Apple TV.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
...or, the 30-pin to HDMI cable for older iPads. I considered a cable, but given everything else the Apple TV does (Netflix, streaming music from my iMac, etc.), I bought an Apple TV as the better value.

OP
A

adson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm afraid that it won't work. The only way to display the iPad screen on an external monitor is to use AirPlay mirroring with an Apple TV.
What I'm trying to do is:
Monitor--HDMI to HDMI--HDMI to USB--USB female to USB female so we can directly use iPad cable to connect iPad.
I have all the hardwares now. But not sure if it possible to do this.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What I'm trying to do is:
Monitor--HDMI to HDMI--HDMI to USB--USB female to USB female so we can directly use iPad cable to connect iPad.
I have all the hardwares now. But not sure if it possible to do this.

Nope. The Lightning (or) 30 pin to HDMI is what you need.

Or Apple TV.

Most reactions

Latest posts