What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Griffin iPad stand

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Griffin has a new aluminum A-frame stand on their web site that has potential. It will hold the iPad in vertical and horizontal orientation. It will allow charging with or without a cover on. It can hold it in an upright position for viewing, or at a low angle for typing. It looks well designed. Price? That is another thing. $50

OP
Seadog

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Griffin A-Frame
AFrame_combined_1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Seadog

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know. It is a new product and interesting. My read is that it is possible, but before I would shell out the money, I would find out more. It is a very elegant design that I find appealing, but it will be a long time before I would be in the market.

kravdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just took a look at this at the apple store... Nice stand, very heavy...but, $50 for a stand/easel?

me thinks this would work for the rare times i need one:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RO7QCE/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_3?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000S9IBRC&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=09J81Y8MBGG4GZ3ZB4SK]Amazon.com: Gibson Holders Two Wire Plate Holder Display Stand, Black: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks very sturdy but also looks like it takes up alot of realestate. Don't think I'll be needing anything that big. Can't say for sure but I think the apple dock will be fine for me.

TheBaron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just took a look at this at the apple store... Nice stand, very heavy...but, $50 for a stand/easel?

Amazon.com: Gibson Holders Two Wire Plate Holder Display Stand, Black: Kitchen & Dining

I like this idea a lot more than spending $50 for a stand. Nice one. Still, it's not very elegant. I'd like to be able to keep my iPad on a shelf on my entertainment center and use it as a digital photo frame while it's charging. I also don't want to use the Apple dock connector since I'd rather display photos in landscape mode. The only one I've found is the skadoosh stand, but it's not out until May and no price has been announced.
Has anybody come across any nice stands for the iPad that aren't $50?

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com

Amazon.com: Gibson Holders Two Wire Plate Holder Display Stand, Black: Kitchen & Dining
LMAO, not sure if this was meant to be funny, but I thought it was:D

It is funny, but it also works. I had a plate holder handy and tried it..... Works pretty good. Also the document holders that typist sometimes use (The adjustable ones) work pretty good.

Most reactions