What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New from Ontario

fluff519

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I am a new member from the province of Ontario in Canada. I will require much patience as this is my first Apple product other then my iPod which I adore. I am not super computer savvy but I love gadgets and I love to learn both of which I think will be good attributes to have. Right now I just want to know how to create new email folders to store my emails on my iPad 2. Any help? Cheers

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you want to create mail folders, you cannot do that directly on your iPad. Instead, you need to do two things...

(a) be sure you're using the IMAP receive mail protocol and not the legacy POP protocol
(b) create the folders you want *on your email server* - perhaps using webmail. Those folders will then be replicated/copied onto your iPad. You cannot create folders directly on the iPad - only via this indirect route.

If you're using the legacy POP protocol then you need to switch to IMAP. Using POP there is no way to create mail folders on your iPad.

Tim

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts