What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New "external camera" for iPad 1. Can this be used for Skype video chat?!?!?!?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hmmm - interesting product and at 7 MP a decent camera for the iPad - looked at several websites and seems to be designed w/ kids in mind - not sure why since many adults would certainly like a better still camera on their iPad2 (the back one is only .7 MP!) - now the statement is made at one of the websites discussing this product that only 'still' pictures can be taken, so not sure about video conferencing either using FaceTime or Skype?

But I'll be curious about the comments from others on this product OR if other similar products are out there that would serve the same function, i.e. better still photos on an iPad - :)

disney-ipad-camera.jpg

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Someone has posted this on another thread and they say it can video. Very interesting product. Not sure if everyone would be happy about Mickey though!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow! That is a brilliant idea. It's out of stock though so it must be popular? I don't think Disney characters would put people off of buying this though. I expect its because of the close connection to Apple (Disney/Pixar) through Steve Jobs that its available? Is there no other more adult versions?

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts