What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 1 Video Chat

Antler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there anyway I can video chat with my IPad 1? I have a digi cam and camera connection kit. I'm away from home on business and would like to video chat with my family.

OP
A

Antler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone help me out here? If I cannot get this to work I guess I'll have to sell my iPad and get the iPad2. My iPad is a 32gb with 3G, and it has not yet been jail broken. Please can someone give me a solid answer?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Solid answer, no.

You can use the iPad one to FaceTime if it is jailbroken, but you can only see video coming in, can't send video out.
And even with the CCK, it just isn't possible. To send video over USB through the CCK would be a miracle in itself, much less tricking other devices into the connection.

Sorry man, guess it's skype voice only for now.

OP
A

Antler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, just for the solid answer. If I really want to video chat I'll have to sell this one and upgrade to the Ipad2 in a few months.

Most reactions

Latest posts