What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new email

32shorty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I made a new apple id account and have my credit card and everything reset on it. Every time I try to get an app or new song, they ask for the password to my old apple id. I have the new one programmed into the ipad and app and itunes store. How do I get the new one to work? Please reply as soon as possoble. Thanks!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Scroll to the bottom of each of the iStores (iTunes, App Store, iBooks, iTunes U). The main tab will show a button with your current Apple ID or say Sign In. Tap it and sign out if needed. Tap it again to sign in with your new account.

This has to be done separately for each store. There are other places on the iPad you may need to sign out and back in as well, like the Store settings, or Messages, FaceTime, etc. Each place affects only those settings and applications.

OP
32shorty

32shorty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I did all that. I signed out and resigned in to everything. Whenever I try to update my apps, they still ask for the old accounts password. I tried shutting it off and restarting it and it still won't work. Any other suggestions?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Apps (and other iTunes content) are associated with the account you bought them with. If you created a new account (not just changed the password) you will have to log back in with the old account every time you want to update one of the apps you purchased with that account. Or if it's only a few and cheap (or free) it might be easier to just get them again with the new account.

At this time there is no way to transfer apps or combine accounts. Rumor is that Apple is working on a solution, but it's getting to be an oldish rumor, and there is no sign of it coming to pass soon.

Most reactions

Latest posts