What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD Air keeps asking for passcode

josh8888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, Everyone. I am new to all apple products. Just got my IPad air and mucked around a bit. One problem keeps bugging me is that after a while not installing anything, if I want to install an app from app store, there'll come up a window asking me to type in ITunes store passcode. I know this is for security's good in case you have your credit card registered, but I didn't put in my credit information, I don't want to type in passcode every time, how can I remove that?

FYI, I don't have restrictions enabled, on iTunes & App Store setting, I have my appled ID on the top, and I tried to sign out and sign in again, tried reboot.

Thank you very much for your kind help.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, Everyone. I am new to all apple products. Just got my IPad air and mucked around a bit. One problem keeps bugging me is that after a while not installing anything, if I want to install an app from app store, there'll come up a window asking me to type in ITunes store passcode. I know this is for security's good in case you have your credit card registered, but I didn't put in my credit information, I don't want to type in passcode every time, how can I remove that?

FYI, I don't have restrictions enabled, on iTunes & App Store setting, I have my appled ID on the top, and I tried to sign out and sign in again, tried reboot.

Thank you very much for your kind help.

Unfortunately, you've always got to enter your AppStore password whenever you get something from the store, even if you are only getting free stuff.

On a stock iPad, there is no way around this. Sorry.

Marilyn

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The reason that Apple requires your Apple ID and password every time when purchasing or downloading free content from iTunes or the AppStore is to ensure that the purchase or free download is authorized by the account holder.

OP
J

josh8888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I understand that, but I don't mind having apps installed without my approval because it won't cost any money, and my IPad mostly is in safe hands. I am neither a teenager surrounded by pranksters, nor a dad with trouble-making and ever-curious teenagers.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If it is such a big deal then change your password so it is easier to enter. Passwords are a way of life regardless what platform you have , apple, android windows etc.

OP
J

josh8888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got it. I am from Android camp. You don't have to type in password while downloading apps. At lease it's true in my case without having credit card information registered. But thanks to all of you who responded to my inquiry anyway.

PaulRay68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received iPad Air today and restored from iTunes backup. Big mistake. The Air is now asking for a password that has been gone from my memory and my records since the original iPad (years). The Apple site does not help since they email the reset to an email address that no longer works. I did factory reset and guess what - it wants this same password. How can I get around this?

Most reactions