What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New computer!h

Beckio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all :) I'm currently looking for a new computer, preferably gaming so I can run game such as Counter-strike: source, minecraft, wow and other games smoothly.
I'm looking for a good cheap computer that could run those games, but as I don't really know what is a good gaming computer and what's not, that's why I'm asking for your help :) I'm from the UK so I don't really want to be buying a computer from the US.

Thanks to anyone who is willing to help me :D

Pharlap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well how much do you want to spend and i will give you alist to go shopping from a local dealer if you know how to whack it together .i did my mates recently as he plays online almost 24-7 against people in america he has a 20Mb/s connection from optus here in australia , it is awesome i don't know how he gets it.i go there to update large files its over in a flash
Cheers

OP
Beckio

Beckio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd like to spend around £500 on one but if need be the most I'd spend is £650/700.
Thank you :)

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Remember this is a personal preference.

If it was my money ( and I'm an out of the box )
customer, I'd chose Dell's "Alienware" rigs.

Desktop starts at £599.

If you require portability, laptop "Alienware" starts at £899.

Again this is a personal preference. The member who posted about build your own is absolutely right. You can customize a do-it-yourself for far less.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

OP
Beckio

Beckio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your replies. I'd love to build one but I'm rubbish with knowing what is good and what is bad, although I could get the help of my brother. I will look into Alienware desktops! Thank you again :)

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Beckio said:
Thank you for your replies. I'd love to build one but I'm rubbish with knowing what is good and what is bad, although I could get the help of my brother. I will look into Alienware desktops! Thank you again :)

Just sent you a PM with a link to a UK based "buy direct" outlet.

Worth a look.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts