What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thinking about a used MacBook

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been looking into a smallish laptop computer for my daughter to tinker around on, and something that I can play with as well. I don't want to break the bank and spring for a new MacBook, and really the only criteria it needs to fill is to play Flash games like Webkinz and Facebook apps as well as general web browsing.

So far I have seen decent prices on the 2006 - 2008 MacBooks but I am wondering if these are good enough to run Flash games. The only OS X experience I have is on a quad-core i5 system, so I'm trying to get a feel for how the stock MacBooks with Core 2 chips (2 Ghz or so). That seems likeplenty, but knowing there are lots of Mac people around here I was hoping for some real world input.

Part of the reason the MacBook appeals to me is simply the magnetic power cord. I have seen too many devices go flying around here to want another cheap laptop / netbook.

Kingsmuse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A 2006-08 Macbook will work just fine for your needs.

I`ve seen some good deals for them on both Craigslist & Ebay.

Most reactions

Latest posts