What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New around here

Jimipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello All!
My name is Jimmy and I'm a 1st time owner of an iPad2! When the 1st iPad came out I really wanted to get it but at the time I thought it was 2expensive. Then I watched Steve Jobs launch Ipad2 and I was just so impressed I had to get one. I even thought of taking the day off that Friday so I can be one of the 1st 2get1. I thought about the line and the thought of a full Super WallMart with everyone trying to get out with one cashier line, what a hassle. I arrived early at Apple in Emeryville CA but they said they ran out. They told me to try Best Buy. They only had 12 iPad2 and I was the 7th in line. I wanted the 64g but they only had 2 32g. They said I can trade in within the month. So for 3 weeks I had my iPad2 still in the box. Finally I could stand it any more, I opened and started using it. Best Buy called me and asked if I was still interested in the 64g around Aug2011. That is my iPad experience.

techkid420

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very nice to have you Jim!
Just having an iPad is a great experience. I am glad to know you have found iPF to help you with anything!

Look forward to seeing you around,
Tyler

Sent from my Verizon 3G iPad 2 64GB using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome. The best way to get first dibs on any new iPad is to order one online directly from Apple, unless you prefer to wait (or camp) in long lines with only the possibility that you'll get the model you want.

Gamalot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Jimmy, I am new too and have the 32GB Wifi IPad ll.

I do understand it is great to have the very latest and greatest IE; 64GB/ Wifi/ 4G but I also question the need in most users cases. My IT guy at work asked me a bunch of questions before I bought it and told me to skip the 4G because I don't use it out of my home and have no cell signal at home. He also told me I would probably never need the 64GB capacity so he said to just get the 32GB with Wifi. I am sure there are those who could benefit from having the 64G but according to my IT guy he claims few will ever need that much space. I am not sure if he is correct but I did trust his guidance in my case.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Jimmy, I am new too and have the 32GB Wifi IPad ll.

I do understand it is great to have the very latest and greatest IE; 64GB/ Wifi/ 4G but I also question the need in most users cases. My IT guy at work asked me a bunch of questions before I bought it and told me to skip the 4G because I don't use it out of my home and have no cell signal at home. He also told me I would probably never need the 64GB capacity so he said to just get the 32GB with Wifi. I am sure there are those who could benefit from having the 64G but according to my IT guy he claims few will ever need that much space. I am not sure if he is correct but I did trust his guidance in my case.

There's no 4G iPad. 3G is useful, but many opt not to pay for it. There also are other ways to stay connected, including tethering and my-fi.

As for 64GB, depends on each person's uses. Some people opt for streaming from home or cloud, rather than buying more storage on iPad, but there are limits (you need to stay online to stream). It just depends on individual need, and it's best to understand how things work rather than have someone else guess what you'll need, even with the best of intentions.

Gamalot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's no 4G iPad. 3G is useful, but many opt not to pay for it. There also are other ways to stay connected, including tethering and my-fi.

As for 64GB, depends on each person's uses. Some people opt for streaming from home or cloud, rather than buying more storage on iPad, but there are limits (you need to stay online to stream). It just depends on individual need, and it's best to understand how things work rather than have someone else guess what you'll need, even with the best of intentions.

Sorry for the mix up. Wifes IPhone has the 4G and I miss stated.

I am sure you are right that I should "Understand how things work rather than let someone else help me make these decisions", I just wanted an IPad ll now rather than to wait until I learned this all myself. Given my lack of tech savvy the IPad Vl could be out by the time I am at speed.

OP
J

Jimipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry for the mix up. Wifes IPhone has the 4G and I miss stated.

I am sure you are right that I should "Understand how things work rather than let someone else help me make these decisions", I just wanted an IPad ll now rather than to wait until I learned this all myself. Given my lack of tech savvy the IPad Vl could be out by the time I am at speed.

Thanks everyone, You made me feel welcome. I have a question, I'm not sure if it's a scuttlebutt but my sister is waiting for iPad3, someone told her to hold off on buying iPad2 for the iPad3? She lives down south and we hardly see each other. I told her to get an iPod touch so we can do FaceTime. She asked around and for a little more she can get the iPad3 her friends told her. Comments? Thanks in advance.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jimipad2 said:
Thanks everyone, You made me feel welcome. I have a question, I'm not sure if it's a scuttlebutt but my sister is waiting for iPad3, someone told her to hold off on buying iPad2 for the iPad3? She lives down south and we hardly see each other. I told her to get an iPod touch so we can do FaceTime. She asked around and for a little more she can get the iPad3 her friends told her. Comments? Thanks in advance.

Does she know the price of an iPad 3?

The Archangel

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Jimmy and welcome to the Forum!

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts