What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello Everyone. Got my iPad 2!

RafRey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been an Apple fan since 1984. I've been wanting an iPad since the first gen came out but never pulled the trigger. When I caught wind of the release of iPad 2, I figured now was as good a time as any to grab one.

5PM PST hit on Friday the 11th, and I sped out of work to the Walmart down the street. There were only about 8 people in line and I expected to be leaving with one. When I got to the front, the cashier announced that they were sold out of everything but the Verizon models. All I wanted was a 16GB wifi. When I asked how many the store received, he told me they only got 12.

I made a somewhat futile dash to the nearest Apple store. The line was already down the block and around the corner. I've never waited in line for any Apple product before, so I thought, what the hell, let me join in the madness. As time went by, employees would come by with updates until finally they were sold out of everything but the Verizon models. Strike two.

Heading home in defeat, I decided to stop at the Best Buy that was on the way. There was a short line outside, so I again I thought, what the hell, I waited this long. There were about 8 people in front of me and another 8 or so inside the store in another line that had priority. By the time I got inside, the store clerk told me he was running low. I told him I just wanted a 16Gb wi-fi. He said Yeah we got that! White or black? I was pleasantly surprised and grabbed a black one.

Was it worth the wait, the travel, the cold, and the hype? Sure was!

Most reactions