What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Apple iPad releases with A5X Chip

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
apple-ipad-a5x.jpg

The new Apple iPad will come with the all new A5X processor and quad-core graphics! Comparing to a Tegra 3, Apple says the A5 is "twice as fast" and the A5X offers "four times the​ performance." Not sure of the benchmark here, folks.

Source: Engadget

Last edited by a moderator:

jawa6306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Woo! Can't get Internet on class so this is all I have for news. This is what I've been looking for. It'll need it to run that hd display.

tazz3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
awesome news and as long s they put 1 gig of ram in it i will be a happy camper

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The A5X sounds like a monster. The Tegra 3 was a bit disappointing to be honest. Seems like everyone else is going to be playing catch-up yet again.

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It says on the website the a5x is dual core with extra graphics.

To be honest, there is not much reason to buy this iPad other than a great new display. As usual apple went on and on about updates for apps. That can happen any time and isn't relevant at all.

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quote from apple website

"Dual-core Apple A5X custom-designed, high-performance, low-power system-on-a-chip with quad-core graphics"

So it's actually still dual core... Yawn lol

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Im still buying one. It will still be faster than any other tablet on the market, and its the most successful tablet in the world.

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
freebirdforever said:
Im still buying one. It will still be faster than any other tablet on the market, and its the most successful tablet in the world.

Oh I still want one but they are technically only giving you a new screen lol. 4G? No point in 4G yet as in the uk we don't have up and running 4G to pay for and it doesn't benefit anyone who owns the wifi only version. Apple spent an hour selling hardly anything really. I'm getting one for the screen only and for the fact that apps won't be supported on my iPad 1

pianoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah. For the folks that always have to have the newest thing this is a fun day. For those of us who want something "really new" the iPad 3 isn't really much of an update. I don't need a better camera on my tablet. Have any of you ever really used your iPad as a camera? I'm not a gamer either so the A5 won't really help me all that much - neither will the retina display. And 4G is simply not that well extended across the United States. It's still mainly only in certain major cities. So my iPad 2 will be doing me just fine for quite some time to come. I'm happy for you guys that really enjoy the newest hottest thing. :)

tazz3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
on the main page of this site it says the A5X processor is a quad core is it true or not lol ??

Most reactions

Latest posts