What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Airport Extreme?

PadTurner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Prior to buying an iPad I want to set up a wireless base station and am considering an Apple Airport Extreme. One concern I have is that the Extreme has not been updated since 2009 (dual band in March and antenna reconfiguration in October). Should I wait a bit longer to see about a new model? Is there a way to know if a new model is in the works?

pastorsteve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Prior to buying an iPad I want to set up a wireless base station and am considering an Apple Airport Extreme. One concern I have is that the Extreme has not been updated since 2009 (dual band in March and antenna reconfiguration in October). Should I wait a bit longer to see about a new model? Is there a way to know if a new model is in the works?

They're usually pretty tight-lipped about new releases but check with your store and they may know if something's in the works but just not the release date.

OP
P

PadTurner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, PastorSteve. You are right about Apple secrecy (although always rumors); I was hoping that someone in the know would slip me a hint. Two years is a long time with computer technology - I think that I will wait a while. My local retailer didn't even realize that the dual-band Extreme came out two years ago

Most reactions

Latest posts