What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Never Wave Candy In Front of A Child's Face

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Roy Rob said:
The tried and true adage comes to mind.......

The only difference between men and boys....is the price of their toys.

Sent using my iPad 2 - 16Gb - Wi-Fi

It's normally used to refer to fast cars, but it certainly applies here, as well.

lovehorses14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just went to the apple store and heard that the difference from 4 and 3 is that the charging slot is smaller.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
lovehorses14 said:
I just went to the apple store and heard that the difference from 4 and 3 is that the charging slot is smaller.

Plus, the iPad 4 has the A6X processor, while the iPad 3 has the A6 processor.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, it's 2:38 and my iPad is on the truck. It's OK though because I decided to get Windows 8 and that has been an adventure. I was having a little issue with getting on board with the new way to recover, so I saw where it was recommended to do a refresh. Now a refresh is not suppose to remove your apps, but of course it did. Fortunately it didn't remove my files.

It was kind enough to print out a nice long list of everything it removed, some with links. So while I'm waiting that's what I'm doing, reinstalling stuff. I did iTunes last night that was the first thing. Hopefully it my iPad 4 will show up soon.

VictoriaR85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, it's 2:38 and my iPad is on the truck. It's OK though because I decided to get Windows 8 and that has been an adventure. I was having a little issue with getting on board with the new way to recover, so I saw where it was recommended to do a refresh. Now a refresh is not suppose to remove your apps, but of course it did. Fortunately it didn't remove my files.

It was kind enough to print out a nice long list of everything it removed, some with links. So while I'm waiting that's what I'm doing, reinstalling stuff. I did iTunes last night that was the first thing. Hopefully it my iPad 4 will show up soon.

I'm looking forward to hearing about you how you like it. :) I got mine from Best Buy last Friday. I had already told my bf I wanted one for Christmas, and that if he wanted to, he could put some money into it as my Christmas gift. As it was $41 off, we went ahead and got it. I absolutely love it. It's my first tablet of any kind, and I love cozying up with it on the couch. You just can't do that with a laptop.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to hearing about you how you like it. :) I got mine from Best Buy last Friday. I had already told my bf I wanted one for Christmas, and that if he wanted to, he could put some money into it as my Christmas gift. As it was $41 off, we went ahead and got it. I absolutely love it. It's my first tablet of any kind, and I love cozying up with it on the couch. You just can't do that with a laptop.

In a very busy day I'm happy to say that my iPad 4th generation arrived around 4:00 pm. I had only a few minutes to do the set up, and something didn't go quite right initially. That would be the transfer from my iPad 2. But I unplugged it and ran it again. This time it ran smooth as silk, maybe me changing the name on the device in iTunes helped.

So this is actually my first use of it and I am definitely dazzled by the retina display. While I have that on my iPhone it's just so much more with an iPad. Which figures, it's a much larger display. :)

I've paired my apple keyboard and cleaned up my iPad 2 for my wife. She's had an iPad 1 for a year. Hope she enjoys the upgrade. ;)

One other noticeable thing. Speed. Man, this thing moves fast, much faster then my iPad 2.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If that makes you feel better, just keep believing that, lol.

The horse lover apparently is suffering from buyers remorse. There is another thread where she was asking what the difference was between iPhone 4 and 3. It was wisely closed by the moderators.

I doubt this person spoke to anyone at an Apple Store.

Anyway to get back on topic, I'm spending half my time with my iPhone 5 and the other half with my new iPad, fourth generation. Loving both of them.

Damm this thing is fast.

Aubrey1988

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so here's a fun story about my journey to the ipad 4.

I first got my ipad 1 when the 2 came out, got it on craigslist for 100.00,. when the 4 came out, my husband being as sweet as he is, stood in line and bought it for me, didn't even TELL me about it, just put it on the kitchen table and was going to see how long it took me to find it! 4 hours later, while cleaning up dinner, i was like "Whats this, an ipad? is this the mini" and he goes "Look at the size of the box, do you think its a mini" and im like "OMG its a HUGE ipad thats WAY better than mine....wait, where did you get the money for this" hehe, he didnt answer me there

but I ended up selling my old laptop and my old ipad for the equiv of what my ipad cost so now i can sleep at night haha :) love new toys

Most reactions