What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Network file manager app?

camfrye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know of an app that will let me manage files on a network (SMB) share (locally, over wi-fi).

I'd like to be able to view and move/copy/delete files on the share by way of an iPad interface. I don't need to save the file to my iPad.

Stratospherix FileBrowser looks like it comes close, but I don't think it lets me move/copy files from folder to folder on the network share.

Any help would be appreciated.
Cam

OP
C

camfrye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If nothing like this exists, the easiest thing I can think of would be to run an FTP server on the destination machine and just FTP from the iPad.

ratatapa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
camfrye said:
Does anyone know of an app that will let me manage files on a network (SMB) share (locally, over wi-fi).

I'd like to be able to view and move/copy/delete files on the share by way of an iPad interface. I don't need to save the file to my iPad.

Stratospherix FileBrowser looks like it comes close, but I don't think it lets me move/copy files from folder to folder on the network share.

Any help would be appreciated.
Cam

Just bought file browser I was able to connect to a work server from VPN, and then copy from the server to my home pc from the iPad

Good 3 bucks invested

ratatapa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finally has a mini hick for me in that app

I cannot move items from the iPad to a pc unless I transfer it from a pc first

Nothing big but anyway

Most reactions

Latest posts