What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Filebrowser App - 'My Files' location?

Siddys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just installed the 'Filebrowser' app on my iPad, and can now copy files to the iPad from my Nas drive.

When the files are copied into the iPad they are copied to a folder in Filebrowser called 'My Files'

Can anyone tell me where the 'My Files' folder is located on the iPad? As i woud like to move files from this location to another folder using iFile?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
/ var / mobile / applications / filebrowser / documents / .data

OP
S

Siddys

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks 88raymond, but not luck, there isn't a '.data' file/directory under 'documents'.

I have tried dropping files into 'documents' but they don't show?

Also, is there are easier way of findingthe relevant application directory under applications as they are all listed as a series of letters/numbers rather than the actual app name?

Or alternatively is there another file management app that will allow me to copy files from my NAS onto the iPad (without a PC) and then move the files around?

Last edited:

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Thanks 88raymond, but not luck, there isn't a '.data' file/directory under 'documents'.

I have tried dropping files into 'documents' but they don't show?

Also, is there are easier way of findingthe relevant application directory under applications as they are all listed as a series of letters/numbers rather than the actual app name?

Or alternatively is there another file management app that will allow me to copy files from my NAS onto the iPad (without a PC) and then move the files around?

If you don't maybe you should add it....or re-download from app store. I just downloaded the app and then copied art studio.PDF into the above directory with ifile and then opened filebrowser and it showed up under "my files"..but I just used the application shortcut in left pane of ifile.

Last edited:
OP
S

Siddys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you both for the help.

I was being a dummy, .data is a hidden directory and i didn't have hidden files turn on.... doh!

I have now and all works fine,

Thank you

Most reactions

Latest posts