What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Netflix is amazing!

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm watching Prison Break on my iPad playing thru my Bose speakers and it looks and sounds amazing. I have it plugged in so I can crank the brightness and it looks amazing. Video is SO clear....well done netflix! Hulu what??

robb25j

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just watched superman doomsday. On netflix and you also get the first month free if you sign up for netflix

TheBaron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have to sign up for a full netflix account or can you just get the streaming portion? I have no interest in getting physical DVDs in the mail from them, but I'd totally sign up for a reduced rate for streaming.

robb25j

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I pay 8bucks a month I can get unlimited streaming and one DVD to my home which I will prob never do .they have a plan smaller then the 8 dollar one but I think you don't get unlimited streaming someone correct me if Im wrong

OP
G

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeah $8 is for unlimited streaming and one useless DVD. They need to put everything up for streaming and just get rid of the dvd...I would still pay the $8.

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
yeah $8 is for unlimited streaming and one useless DVD. They need to put everything up for streaming and just get rid of the dvd...I would still pay the $8.

Still sometimes you need that DVD for when you have no internets :)

TheBaron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
$8??!?! That's it? I'm signing up as soon as I get home from work. Sounds fantastic.

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea we get the 2 discs at a time... but barely watch 2 discs a month. With streaming to my Blu-Ray player... we watch most of our stuff there. I may downgrade mine to the 1 at a time deal with streaming.

I do agree though... if they would put their entire catalog up for streaming... I'd pay what I pay now and just completely forgo the discs.

OP
G

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm watching 24 right now while working...never seen a single episode...they have all of them it looks like. Too cool.

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was watching Fraggle Rock last night on the iPad! AWESOME!

OP
G

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was watching Fraggle Rock last night on the iPad! AWESOME!

ha! awesome. They seem to have a ridiculous amount of streaming content.

I watched Prison Break HD on netflix PS3 it looks SOOOO GOOD! Like a bluray! Streaming is def the future.

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They have a good amount of streaming content... especially with the Starz Play streaming. I still wish more mainstream recent stuff was available. Actually... I just wish they would eventually get to 100% of their stuff stream-able (like you know it will get to eventually). I'd happily pay what I pay now and never touch a dvd again if they would just stream all of their stuff. With it available on my iPad as well as through my Blu-Ray player... I'd never need another disc.

I guess that is the catch though... if they start streaming EVERYTHING... then what is the incentive to go out and buy a blu-ray disc anymore?

OP
G

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They have a good amount of streaming content... especially with the Starz Play streaming. I still wish more mainstream recent stuff was available. Actually... I just wish they would eventually get to 100% of their stuff stream-able (like you know it will get to eventually). I'd happily pay what I pay now and never touch a dvd again if they would just stream all of their stuff. With it available on my iPad as well as through my Blu-Ray player... I'd never need another disc.

I guess that is the catch though... if they start streaming EVERYTHING... then what is the incentive to go out and buy a blu-ray disc anymore?

I think that's the point....there shouldn't be Blu-Ray or DVD or CD....media consumption should all be streaming or downloadable. I personally see no need for a piece of fragile plastic to watch movies or listen to music. So outdated!

Most reactions

Latest posts