What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need to find glossary of symbols/icons and some written tutorials for ipad4

pal5510

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My brothers and I gave our 80 yr old mother an ipad. She's still very much with it (albeit with some memory issues) but a problem's occurred that we didn't anticipate. As much as we thought it was user friendly we realized that her not using a computer very much all these years has her at a disadvantage. She's not familiar with what the icons are and so even basic things are difficult. She didn't recognize the wastebasket as where to put things she wanted to get rid of. The back buttons are foreign to her. I've been looking for a glossary of computer icons/symbols and what they mean to print out so that she has a reference but can't seem to find any.

Additionally, is there a written tutorial for the most basic of steps? I'm out of state and I'm trying to help her out from a distance but some things it just works better to be right there. Her nearest Apple store is almost an hour away and the Best Buy from which the ipad was purchased really don't want to help with trivial (to these young kids) problems.

Thanks for any input.
Patti

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There are some wonderful easy reading free books on how to use an ipad on iBooks.

Most reactions

Latest posts