What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help with my ipad 2

ajack71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So,i placed my ipad2 on the charger the night before,when my daughter went to use it the only thing showing was a battery logo with a thin red line and a lightning bolt beneath it.after messing with it for bit ive gotten it to go from the battery icon to the looping silver apple icon.apple icon will get bright then dim then shut off,it will then reapear and do that over and over.it also will go from battery icon with thin red line ,like 1 percent charge back to the silver apple icon.it will do this over and over again.i am able to get it into dfu mode and reg restore mode.ive spent the entire day trying to fix it without any luck.ive used redsnow ,downloaded from 5.0 to 6 ios original tried every 1 of those in the extra,even more ,restore options .everyone i used kept saying that it wasnt the correct ios.i dl tiny umbrella ,ive tried different chargers wall ,usb diff cables diff computers to do reg restores from itunes and also dfu mode restores from itunes with no luck.ive tried adding and deleting the apple ip in the hosts file on 3 diff pc/laptops.disabled my security.ive tried hard reset 500xs already.i have searched and searched all websites and still cant get this thing to boot up.no matter what i cant get passed the verifying from apple part,it either sits there for an hr or it just gives the error messages .ive looked up the mess tried whatever it said to do and then just end up with a diff err message.this ipad isnt even a year old yet battery and ipad were perfect yesterday.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think the iPad was not connected to the power source when you went to charge it the first time. So, it drained and I believe that's where all your troubles started (iPads work funny ... or not well ... when the battery is drained).

My first recommendation is to connect it to a wall socket, with the USB cord and charger it came with and let it stay connected/charge for a few hours. I'd leave it on for up to 4 hours - mainly to ensure the battery has a good chance to get a charge.

Then, see if you can get it to start up. If not, holler back and then we can see what's going on with it.

Marilyn

OP
A

ajack71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ya thanks im going to do that ,im sure that wont work though ,when it comes to the easy fix that never happens for me lol.Oh sorry i posted another post about this ,i didnt relize this one went through i couldnt find it last night .my other post is actualy better detailed i think.ALso if i did end up bringing it to a genius bar /apple store what do they actualy do for me.

OP
A

ajack71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ya so after charging it on the wall all day still no luck ,exactly the same .i guess I have no choice now but to bring it to Apple store.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ajack71 said:
Ya so after charging it on the wall all day still no luck ,exactly the same .i guess I have no choice now but to bring it to Apple store.

Have you checked to make sure that the wall socket you plugged the charger into is getting power? If it is, it's time for that appointment at the Apple store Genius Bar.

OP
A

ajack71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If You're Ipad is dead or you have the apple icon continuously going off and on read

Ok folks i posted here a few days ago because my ipad wad experiencing something strange.after charging it started to show a batery icon with a thin red line on it and the lighting boly below it.the lighting bolt means that it is charging but for days the bar never went up at all.once the ipad was unplugged it would show the batery symbol with the plug and the bolt underneath,meaning it needed to be plugged in to charge.ok ,once it was plugged in i was able to get it into restore mode ,which showed the usb plug and teh itunes on screen.i also was able to get it into dfu mode.problem was that no matter what i did and im realy good with figuring out pc and ipad issues,but like i said no matter what i tried and i tried it all. i tried fixing this ipad for 15-20 hrs.i tried every jailbreaking mod tinyumbrella i used all teh original 5.0 o 6.0 ios with red snow .i tried to restore it in dfu mode 30x and reg restore ,all i ever got was up to contacting apple and bam all kinds of errors.i did hard soft medium restarts it got to a point were i wanted to smash the thing with my stud hammer.finaly i gave up and said the hell with it il bring it to apple.so i get to the genius bar ,the genius guy there told me he had read everything i tried when i posted what i had tried setting up my appointment for the apple store.he looked at it plugged it into his mac book and bam error at the contacting apple part.my ipad was 10 months old,so after 3 min of him working on it and after the long post like here sayng how long i worked on it ,he just brought me out a brand new ipad 2 and said here ya go.so bottom line is if you are expierencing the apple log turning on and off and the battery symbol with the thin red line and bolt at the bottom more then likley just like mine its an unfixable[by me or someone like me],save your time on just go in to the store .he said he had sen this issue before and it was def hardware related.This post was done so that hopefuly someone with the same issue as me can read it and instead of spending hrs trying to figure it out just bring it in.so also note this was not a charge issu or a looping getting stuck in restore mode issue my issue was different than 90 percent of the posts ive read ,GOOD LUCK HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE OUT,ALEX

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am glad your problem got solved.

However, to ensure this conversation doesn't get split between two, duplicate, threads, I've merged your solution (from another thread) into this one. It makes it easier to keep everything together.

Please keep any more comments or updates about this issue to this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts