What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help with iPad mini not charging nor booting [6.0.1]

havenlau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
yesterday when I was trying to charge my iPad mini at around 14% battery left, it showed this icon: Capture208.PNG
which was very strange considering I only had 14% left and the text was in red.
So I thought I would let it drain to 0% to let the battery indicator re-calibrate, and right now,
I've been charging it since 2 hours ago and it is still showing the red battery icon,
it is not booting up at all. I am trying to connect it to itunes but it is not letting me to do so since it doesnt have enough power.
It is jailbroken so I don't know if I should bring it to the apple store to fix it...
The only tweak I've installed after my last successful charge was auxo for ipad and messagebox.
What can I do now? please help.

-havenlau

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not seeing an issue with Auxo for iPad. Leave it charging on the outlet, see if another cable works. If you can get a small charge on it, see if you can put it in Safe Mode while booting. It might possibly be a hardware issue, if it is the case, you can get a replacement iPad Mini from Apple under your 1 year warranty

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You'll have to remove the jailbreak before taking the iPad to the Apple store for possible warranty service. Apple won't service a jailbroken iPad, as their position is that it voids the warranty.

OP
H

havenlau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not seeing an issue with Auxo for iPad. Leave it charging on the outlet, see if another cable works. If you can get a small charge on it, see if you can put it in Safe Mode while booting. It might possibly be a hardware issue, if it is the case, you can get a replacement iPad Mini from Apple under your 1 year warranty
You'll have to remove the jailbreak before taking the iPad to the Apple store for possible warranty service. Apple won't service a jailbroken iPad, as their position is that it voids the warranty.
Okay I've charged it over night, I don't think it is charging AT ALL. The red battery icon isn't even showing up anymore.
I tried removing the jailbreak by restoring but I cannot even connect the device to itunes without enough battery.
Oh my god this is screwed up, I don't want to brick my ipad..

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think the problem is charging. What charger are you using and what cable? Make sure you are using the appropriate Apple charger and cable. Don't connect it to a computer for charging.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you've tried different combinations of cables, outlets and adapters and its still not charging it most likely is a battery issue. If you're certain this is the case after trials, you won't have to worry about the restore as Apple will replace the device completely of serious enough. I'm not sure if the "fix on the spot" policy is up or not, but in either case, you'll get it fixed, either with a new battery or a new iPad altogether

OP
H

havenlau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the problem is charging. What charger are you using and what cable? Make sure you are using the appropriate Apple charger and cable. Don't connect it to a computer for charging.
If you've tried different combinations of cables, outlets and adapters and its still not charging it most likely is a battery issue. If you're certain this is the case after trials, you won't have to worry about the restore as Apple will replace the device completely of serious enough. I'm not sure if the "fix on the spot" policy is up or not, but in either case, you'll get it fixed, either with a new battery or a new iPad altogether
I've gone through all 5 of my apple outlets, none of them seem to work. I only have 1 lightning cable though, I'm not sure if it is the cable that is broken. I tried plugging it the other way it doesn't seem to work. Anyways I think I will stop by at Apple Genius Bar this weekend to let them have a look. Thanks everyone

Most reactions