What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

need help with Card reader hub , although its not a apple product

eddiethebhoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was told i could still transfer video from pc to my ipad3 using this camera connection kit. Although its not a official apple cam kit its a universal one and it fits into my ipad3 and i have tried copying a movie onto a sd card and then plugging it into ipad but when i plug it in it will open the photos automatic but i dont see the file i copied on the sd. I even tried renaming the video then copying it onto card. I have tried all i know to do , but if you know how to transfer video from pc to ipad3 using a universal camera connetion kit would you please tell me how as it would be deeply appreciated , Thanks.

Texas Holders

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What type of video are you trying to copy over? Make sure it is compatible. If you still have it on your video camera, you may want to try transfering it that way.

OP
E

eddiethebhoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is in DVD format as in if I where to burn it as it is onto a blank DVD disc I would be able to play it on home DVD player right away.No matter what format my home movie is I use convertxtodvd converter and it thee converts the movie to DVD format as in when I open the folder the movie is in , it has two folders 1 being audio and the other being video.If you know what I should do to successfully get a movie onto my ipad3 I would deeply appreciate it my friend. As I said its a camera reader hub I have that plugs into pc with USB and the other end is a apple connection to plug into the iPad. On the hub I can insert a USB stick or a sd card. It's more orl less the same as the official cam connection kit. Only that it's a universal one and not made by apple

Texas Holders

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need to covert it to a format that will play on the iPad first. Once you do that, just can just load it through iTunes. The camera connection kit is intended for video recorded from a video camera.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It could be an issue with the kit. I looked at getting a universal camera connection kit from amazon but reading the reviews most people said the kit did not work with any iPad running iOS 5.0 or newer.

iDuffer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also have a non-approved kit, it works OK. It's worth noting that your video may appear in your 'photos folder' not the 'video folder' as you might expect.

Most reactions

Latest posts