What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Help Ipad Air 2 dropped

Jagsi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello

A few weeks ago I dropped my ipad air 2. At this time the ipad was always restarting itself continously when I started to charge it. But only when I charged it via energy plug (not USB)
So I thougt the battery is damaged. Today I changed the battery (horrible work) but it is stil the same issue. :-(
I tried to get the ipad in the DFU mode - but I didn't get it.
I hope there is anybody who can give me some suggestions what to try oder what to do.
Thank you so much and sorry for my bad english.

Cheers Jagsi

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello
A few weeks ago I dropped my ipad air 2. At this time the ipad was always restarting itself continously when I started to charge it. But only when I charged it via energy plug (not USB)
So I thougt the battery is damaged. Today I changed the battery (horrible work) but it is stil the same issue. :-(
I tried to get the ipad in the DFU mode - but I didn't get it.
I hope there is anybody who can give me some suggestions what to try oder what to do.
Thank you so much and sorry for my bad english.

Hello Jagsi - welcome to the forum! :) From your description, the iPad was dropped and was having an issue w/ charging (and assume your mean via an AC wall charger - correct). Were there any other issues, e.g. cracked screen - did you do a hard reset?

Now your 'guessing' that the battery was the issue was risky when more could have occurred with the fall; also, then doing a 'difficult' battery replacement (especially if you are 'new' to repairing iPads) (pic below from an iFixit Guide) may have just complicated the situation, e.g. did you use the right battery replacement and possibly cause further damage inside the device?

I don't know where you live, but since this machine is no longer under warranty, a repair will likely be expensive - but first, you need professional diagnostics done on the iPad - do you have an 'opened' Apple store nearby and/or an authorized repair shop/store that can provide an assessment and quote you a potential repair price? The iPad Air 2 was released in 2014 and likely will not be worth fixing vs. buying another iPad, whether new or used. Good luck - Dave

Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 1.44.17 PM.png

OP
J

Jagsi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried to do a hard reset but the ipad is always restarting - so I couldn't manage it
I know it was very tricky but I got it - I am pretty sure that I didn't damage anything...
I am from Austria and there is no real apple store - so I tried it this way to find some help
I thought maybe someone had the same problem and can give me advice.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There‘s an Apple Store in Vienna, and premium resellers and repair services (McShark) in other states.

OP
J

Jagsi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know Bit this is about 1.5h to Drive from where I live. I try to repair the iPad myself because it is old - when I can fix it my Boys can use it otherwise I will throw it away

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I tried to do a hard reset but the ipad is always restarting - so I couldn't manage it
I know it was very tricky but I got it - I am pretty sure that I didn't damage anything...
I am from Austria and there is no real apple store - so I tried it this way to find some help
I thought maybe someone had the same problem and can give me advice.

GREAT! Really helps to know your location on the planet - this is an international forum and local knowledge is often the most helpful, as provided by Johanna. So, bottom line is that you need a professional opinion as to the damage and potential repair cost - I suspect a repair would cost several hundred $USA, so likely time for you to considered a 'new' (brand new or refurb) or used updated iPad. Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts