What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you find the battery life of the Air 2

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Looking for feedback from other iPad Air 2 owners on their Battery Life. Recently upgraded from the iPad 2 , which would give me 2-3 days of moderate to heavy use before needing a charge. With the Air 2 I'm getting 1.5 to 2.5 days before charge time.

I know that the battery is smaller in the Air 2 but Apple did boast the same usage times as previous generations. How has your experience been?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looking for feedback from other iPad Air 2 owners on their Battery Life. Recently upgraded from the iPad 2 , which would give me 2-3 days of moderate to heavy use before needing a charge. With the Air 2 I'm getting 1.5 to 2.5 days before charge time.

I know that the battery is smaller in the Air 2 but Apple did boast the same usage times as previous generations. How has your experience been?
Having bought the Air2, upgrading from my quite trouble-free IPad3 (which incidentally my wife was coveting after her friend got one, and is now thoroughly enjoying the iPad3:)) I see very little difference in battery life between the two, if any. (Both on iOS 8.1.2)
Obviously, in a comparison, parameters like brightness, whether a game is being played or apps used, comparative usage times and even temperature etc will play a part. But I feel there is little difference in battery life between the two. So I reckon Apple's statement to be fair enough.
But I'm going on "feel" only and have not carried out any strict measurements.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'll have to agree w/ Andrew - have owned the iPad Air 2 for about 6 weeks (replaced an old iPad 2) - I've not noticed any 'major' changes in battery usage but my impressions are so subjective. If you really want to know, then some 'testing' would be needed, e.g. comparing the Air w/ an older iPad would require both being set similarly (i.e. Wi-Fi, BT, Fetch times, etc.) and then different apps tested the same, whether reading, music, gaming, video - have not 'googled' but maybe this has been done - don't know?

Now, if one wants to know about available battery usage left for doing certain tasks on the iPad, there are plenty of 'battery apps' available - I have several on my iPad - below is a 'screen shot' after an overnight charge, so at 100% - as seen, there are BROAD time estimates depending on the activities being performed - plenty of time for music & reading, but much less so for video chatting & gaming. Dave :)
IMG_1272.PNG

Most reactions

Latest posts