What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Help, Ipad 2 messed up, not sure why.

spacerolling

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, First of all I have a jailbroken Ipad 2. So this is what happned. Last night everything was working fine. Before bed I decided I wanted to add theGesturizer tweak, I already have Activator. So I did this with no problem. After this I shutdown and went to bed. And now today, I brought my Ipad 2 to work, turned it on and found all my about 50% of my apps out of their folders and whenever I try to open an app it goes to the apple logo and shuts down. Everything was fine before I added this Gesturizer, this is the only thing I can think of that did this. Now I can't even open Cydia to remove anything. Im not sure of my options. I can't even open my settings, cause it will just go to the apple logo and shut down. Also, cannot get landscape mode. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There might be a conflict between the two apps. There isn't much you can do about this. If you can't get into safe mode either with sbsettings or an activator event, I think you are stuck.

OP
S

spacerolling

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeah, I can't get into anything. Whenever I open an app, it will open but it closes and goes back to logo when I select anything. What kind of options do I really have? I guess everything is lost and I will have to do a Restore.

OP
S

spacerolling

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, my ios is 4.3. on my Ipad 2. Is there anyway I can update to any ios above this, but not the latest 5.0.1 so I can still get to Jailbreak it?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there any way you can get to Safe Mode? Cause then you can get to Cydia to uninstall that tweak you just put on the iPad. If you have it, see if you can get to SBSettings (where you put the iPad into Safe Mode). Sometimes, SBSettings works where other apps don't.

Or, have you installed OpenSSH? Cause if you did, you could try this:

Here’s how you can enable “Safe Mode” manually on the iPad:
1. Open MobileTerminal on the iPad (If you’re unable to do so proceed with Step#2, else skip to Step#3)
2. SSH to the iPad using WinSCP/PuTTy (Windows) or Terminal (Linux or Mac)
3. Login using the following default values (provided you haven’t changed them yourself):
UserName: root PassWord: alpine
4. Once logged in, enter the following command
touch /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.saurik.mobilesubstrate.dat
5. Respring the SpringBoard

If you can't get to Safe Mode so you can get to Cydia, then I'm afraid you're out of luck and you'll have to do a restore. Cause, unless you have saved SHSH blobs for iOS 4.3.3. AND a WiFi only iPad, there is no way you can install a jail breakable firmware on your iPad2.

Sorry.

Marilyn

OP
S

spacerolling

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Mickey330, thank you for your quick response. I can get to SBsettings, but whenever I select anything it always goes back to logo and this happens with anything I try to open. My Ipad is a 3G if this helps with any problem solving. So by all of this I can't even get to OpenSSH, even though I do have it installed. Very frustrating.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you try accessing the iPad via the manual method I gave? Open SSH, by default, is on (that's the way saurik designed it), so it should allow you to access the iPad...

And, pressing "power" in SBSettings, then Safe Mode doesn't work. Huh. BTW, when the iPad is put into Safe Mode, it will look like its booting. Just give it a minute before you try anything else.

And, since your iPad is 3G, then there is no way you'll be able to downgrade. So, keep trying to get to Safe Mode or access it via your computer. Cause your only option, if you're unsuccessful, is iOS 5.0.1. Which is un-jail breakable at the moment.

Marilyn

OP
S

spacerolling

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I think when I get home I will do a restore. But how can I do this, when I can't even open anything up. Am I correct in thinking that first I need the most updated itunes and then Im not sure what to do. Can someone help with this part?

OP
S

spacerolling

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Mickey330, when I get to SBsettings when I touch power, or anything it automatically goes to apple logo.

OP
S

spacerolling

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, my keyboard is smaller and goes to lower left corner and search goes to upper left corner. This sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts