What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need a -NEW- Screensaver

manoflaser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:confused:

So far I have seen no third party screensaver apps for the ipad anywhere on the itunes store. I find this very confusing seeing as me and many others I've spoken to would most definitely make this purchase. Doesn't have to be too fancy, just something that shows off the size of the screen (minimalistic).

Some ideas:

-Simple bouncing ball around screen
-randomly appearing apple logo
-Windows hyperspace anyone?
-animated face that makes few different expressions

OK maybe not the last one, but you get the idea. I could care less to see origami of my kayaking trip with the inlaws.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
probably because the ipad doesnt have or run screen savers. its on , off, or in sleep mode. You cant make a screen saver.

You could make an app that would act as a screen saver like your are talking about, but you would have to click the app and launch it every time you want it to run. You would also have to turn off auto lock making the ipad less secure.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yep, there's no screensaver function. You can have it scroll through an album of photos. I've got an album of hi-rez classic/exotic car shots scrolling as I write this on my laptop.

OP
M

manoflaser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
probably because the ipad doesnt have or run screen savers. its on , off, or in sleep mode. You cant make a screen saver.

You could make an app that would act as a screen saver like your are talking about, but you would have to click the app and launch it every time you want it to run. You would also have to turn off auto lock making the ipad less secure.

Yea I meant an app that I can just tap and leave open.

OP
M

manoflaser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a cool disco floor app, but I'm personally going to use Pocket Pond HD.

Yea those two apps I have and are definafely great suggestions. However they are to flashy for my taste, I'm looking for something a little more professional (read:minimalistic).

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wait, what? You didn't get an iPad to be subtle did you? ;)

Just kidding, I'll keep my eyes open. The only other idea I had has already been suggested. Personally at work, I'll probably do marketing images in the photo app, if it's a professional thing for you.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
There is a cool disco floor app, but I'm personally going to use Pocket Pond HD.

Yea those two apps I have and are definafely great suggestions. However they are to flashy for my taste, I'm looking for something a little more professional (read:minimalistic).

Just make a couple images/logos of your company or something and set the lock screen slideshow to switch through them.

skrillet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looking For Screensaver Type App

I have been looking for something too. I wanted an app that would show information graphics mixed in with photos. I wanted my iPad to be a dynamic picture frame mounted to the wall while not in use. I found framechannel but maybe a week after I found them they went out of business. I am still looking for an app like the framechannel ipad app. I am thinking of trying to make it myself but I only have a little coding experience a long time ago.

debsylvania

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I take my iPad2 to work with me every day. It sits in its easel on my desk with the app "Jelly Clock" going so I get a little function with its fine form! The app doesn't stop ticking, so to speak, so it functions like a screen saver would. Other clock apps may do this too, but the Jelly Clock is the most colorfully weird clock I've seen.

Most reactions

Latest posts