What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ndrive USA HD - app that allows you to get directions w/o being connected to 3G/WiFi

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I might give this a try...

Ndrive USA HD

This app turn your IPAD into USA map viewing, route calculation and great non connected map app with full USA to find and discover…

All map data is stored on your IPAD so it is incredible fast and YOU CAN USE IT WITHOUT ANY CONNECTION to plan your trips, check distances and find places.

â–ş WHY NDRIVE ON IPAD?

LEADING iPHONE ON-BOARD NAVIGATION SYSTEM in Apple App Store around the world such as Germany, Mexico, United Kingdom, Brazil and many more countries…

NOW come to IPAD so it can help you to plan trips and view maps whenever you want without delays or network moods.

â–ş FEATURES

- Simple and intuitive user interface

- MULTI-TOUCH TECHNOLOGY with gesture recognition for menu, zooming and panning will enable you to control and display maps easily

- Highly effective search engine that enables you to find the streets you are looking for all over.

- POIs (Points of Interest) and favorites with phone/fax number, description, email and website address

- Search city centers, street names and numbers, crossings, postal codes, favorite places, recent locations, coordinates and nearby POIs

- Simulate routing and demo it, so you can measure the distance under different conditions as well as understand how to go to places.

- Advanced itinerary with multiple waypoints for enhanced planning

- UNLIMITED NUMBER of customizable favorites entries and user defined categories

- Automatic Portrait/Landscape display mode

- Free access to the NDRIVE COMMUNITY where sharing POIs with other users anywhere in the world is possible.

- Search Online from your NDrive using search engines like GoogleTM and find additional POIs in any location.

- Uses Wifi location so you can center the map where you are for faster search.

â—‹ Map Features

- Actual and complete map of the USA (March 2010)

- OVER 1,500,000 POIs representing restaurants, gas stations, tourism attractions, hotels, landmarks, etc.

â—‹ Language Features

- More then 30 languages available for download besides: English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Dutch and Portuguese.

â–˛ IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Due to the size of this application we strongly recommend to buy and to download this application via iTunes.

â–˛ ANY QUESTIONS?

Please feel free to contact our support by sending an email to [email protected]

â–˛ FOLLOW US ON:

- NDrive Nav. Systems (NDrive) on Twitter

- YouTube - ndrivetv's Channel

- NDrive Navigation | Facebook

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
4.99 in the app store. Their English is a little broken so I hope I'm not misunderstanding what the product is supposed to do.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How much space does it require?

EDIT: It says the download it 1.78GB - I assume it will take more than that on the device??

Last edited:

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That is a lot, but considering its detailed maps of the entire US - thats surprisingly small. No worries with spotty 3G coverage if you're traveling through some remote areas.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't really have a need quite yet.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't either, but I am hoping someone who has purchased it could enlighten us on it's virtues.

lrrry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reviews on this product are horrible. Id pass.

Still looking....

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Personally, I just use one of the big three for iPhone which I already own. When driving, I'm not paying that much attention to the pixelated screen, instead the fools driving around me.:D

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reviews on this product are horrible. Id pass.

Still looking....

At the time i posted it had just been released...so no reviews. Sorry for the crap link.

Ripplinghurst

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought it. It works for me as a backup nav (I have OEM nav in my cars already), for rentals, or otherwise. I just tried it once, and it worked fine.

Some of the bad reviews are due to people with wifi only iPads trying to use it. You should j/b it, download a proper bluetooth stack and use a bluetooth gps, like a 5Hz Qstarz BT-Q890. People should be more responsible before reviewing, they give away 1 star just for spite or ignorance.

On my 3G it worked fine. It's not polished yet, but as I said, it works.

lrrry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought it. It works for me as a backup nav (I have OEM nav in my cars already), for rentals, or otherwise. I just tried it once, and it worked fine.

Some of the bad reviews are due to people with wifi only iPads trying to use it. You should j/b it, download a proper bluetooth stack and use a bluetooth gps, like a 5Hz Qstarz BT-Q890. People should be more responsible before reviewing, they give away 1 star just for spite or ignorance.

On my 3G it worked fine. It's not polished yet, but as I said, it works.

Rip,

Does is work well with only the GPS, not the 3G connection? I'm looking for one that is not dependent on 3G.

Ripplinghurst

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, it works well without 3G connection, since the maps are stored on the drive (1.78GB worth). Now it shouldn't work as well with the non 3G iPad, because that one does not have a proper GPS chip, AFAIK.

A proper review of a Navigation software demands a bit more time. Maps are easy to get (Google, Navtec sells them for a dime a dozen), GPS signal is an iPad problem, ROUTING is what distinguishes a good Navigation software from a lousy one.

I tested couple of days ago to find directions for my daughter's Summer camp, spot on with Toyota OEM NAV directions, so no complains for now. No crazy exits, 1/2 mile highway riding "because it's faster" etc. But I don't, and I won't use it everyday, so who knows? For $5.00 it's good enough for me, maybe the more expensive ones are better, but are they 10x better? I don't know.

Most reactions

Latest posts