What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NC Google weather

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yet, I've seen screen shots with nice weather widgets. What's up with that?

Generally speaking, it's because the developers of those jail broken widgets are using the Yahoo! Weather addresses. With those, all you have to do is find your location code and enter it into the widget's code. So, I don't know why the developer of this tweak used the Google API...

Marilyn

muelgrub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Generally speaking, it's because the developers of those jail broken widgets are using the Yahoo! Weather addresses. With those, all you have to do is find your location code and enter it into the widget's code. So, I don't know why the developer of this tweak used the Google API...

Marilyn

That sounds easy enough to get. So where are those widgets? :eek: And why can't I find them?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Usually, the weather widgets are tied into themes. There are that many themes for the iPad, which is probably why you are having a hard time finding some.

I couldn't tell you if an iPhone weather theme would work on the iPad - but since theming won't cause catastrophic issues (you can always turn off the theme without causing harm to the iPad) - maybe try an iPhone theme and just use the widget?

That's what I'd try. I just don't use weather widgets because I don't like the battery drain as it tries to stay current...

That's all I've got. Sorry to not be of better help.

muelgrub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Usually, the weather widgets are tied into themes. There are that many themes for the iPad, which is probably why you are having a hard time finding some.

I couldn't tell you if an iPhone weather theme would work on the iPad - but since theming won't cause catastrophic issues (you can always turn off the theme without causing harm to the iPad) - maybe try an iPhone theme and just use the widget?

That's what I'd try. I just don't use weather widgets because I don't like the battery drain as it tries to stay current...

That's all I've got. Sorry to not be of better help.

No, actually you have been quite helpful. In fact, your are right, I don't need a weather widget: I have one on my phone already. Thanks for saving me from myself!! :p

Most reactions

Latest posts