What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

weather plugin for lockinfo not working on ipad3

andyisavinit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I have a non 3g (wi-fi only) ipad 3 5.1.1. Jailbroken of course with absinth 2.0.1 mac. I have installed "com.dba-tech.common_1.0.4.2_iphoneos-arm_fabius.deb" then "com.ashman.lockinfo_4.0.5.21_iphoneos-arm.deb" then installed "lock weather native" from "get more plugins" from the settings, that didn't work so installed "weather icon" from same "get more plugins" that didn't work. I just get (null): 0 degrees

I've also tried installing weather icon as ipad doesn't have a weather app as default. I did this because "weather icon" under settings says to "set the first location in the standard iphone weather app" - I'm on an ipad with no weather app.

I got to thinking that because I'm wi-fi only will this plugin or any weather plugin work on my ipad.

Any help appreciated

Andy

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wasn't it to jailbreak for 5.1.1 you need absinthe 2.0.2 .. ?

i might be wrong. but from yr explanation it seemed that you installed an iphone app to yr ipad ? if yes, this might be what causing yr problem

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
@andyisavinit, what you are describing is using a pirated version of lockinfo. Since you are new here, you get one reminder of our rule on the subject -

Reminder - Rule 15
Discussion of pirated or cracked applications and any methods associated with enabling their use, such as posting app or repository names, is forbidden on this forum. This also includes discussion of illegally obtaining media such as music, movies, games, books or other copyrighted content.
Piracy is illegal and the staff of iPadForums.net neither supports or condones it in any way. Jailbreaking and hacking is not an excuse to steal or pirate software!
Discussions, links, and sharing of any piracy related topics, apps, repositories, etc., will be deleted and the member will receive a warning which may lead to a ban.
Please review all our forum rules here
Please make sure you take time to read all our rules before posting again. Jailbreaking is not about being able to get paid apps for free. The current commercial version of lockinfo is available through Cydia with a free trial. I suggest you use it if you are interested in the tweak.
And no, you won't be able to install the various weather mods designed for the iPhone on 5.1.1 on the iPad3.

JAFRANCO

iPF Noob
Reaction score
have same problem, paid version of lockinfo is giving me same problem
returns 0º info of weather plugin

any ideas?

Most reactions