What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

after app update on cydia, ipad want start

drazen310

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

here is my problem:

I Tried, through cydia, update a app installed earlyer (nativ clock, weather, etc...). After update, cydia said that ipad needs to be rebooted, so i press it. After that, my ipad just won't start.

tried restore through itunes, but getting a error.

Anyone pls help.

Ty

its Ipad 2 Wi-Fi
iOS 5.1.1

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
By "won't start" - do you mean that it never comes out of the boot loop (either always see the Apple icon or the spinning wheel)? You cannot access the springboard at all (never see your icons)?

Regardless, ave you tried to reboot the iPad into Safe Mode? To do: hold both Home and Sleep buttons until you get the white Apple logo. Then, press and hold the UP volume button. Hopefully, that will make the iPad start up.

If it starts, it will be in Safe Mode. But, you should then be able to go to Cydia and remove that tweak that caused the issue. Then, once the tweak is moved, hopefully, you'll be able to respring/restart the iPad.

Hopefully, that'll work. Do keep us posted...

Marilyn

OP
D

drazen310

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it stuck in bootloop mode. i tried go into safe mode, but nothing worked. tried few time to restore via itunes, didnt work, and than i found that need to add a line in "host", and than tried restore on itunes, and this times it worked. :)
unfortunately it update to 6.0.1., (still no jailbreak), but at least ipad works. Now only have to wait for jailbreak.

Ty for Your help!

Most reactions