What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My two and a half year old gradson loves using my ipad 2!

TanjayLady6204

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A few days after getting my ipad 2, my grandson who only just turned two years old, started using it too! I just showed him once how to open the screen lock and then the children's educational games apps, and that was it, he has no trouble navigating and using it ever since. :eek:

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They are really great for kids. Just be careful, my little cousin loves to play with mine but given his track record of breaking things I make sure he is sitting at a table or on the couch and I put my heavier travel case on it. Maybe a little paranoid but better safe than sorry.

OP
T

TanjayLady6204

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Always made sure he is sitting on the sofa with either his mum or myself. Always supervised because he knows how to go to youtube. He loves watching cars, busses, trucks and trains! My ipad got a very good cover/case which i bought from Amazon, so it is safe just in case it gets dropped.

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Also check your settings and consider putting in some restrictions so things don't get accidentally erased or bought.

britpoper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Amazing isn't it??
From the first time I let my 4 year old nephew borrow my iPad2 I never teach him any detailed specific instruction how to browse and use it.
He kinda know how to use it by himself, after a week or so he use it like a pro :D

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
TanjayLady6204 said:
A few days after getting my ipad 2, my grandson who only just turned two years old, started using it too! I just showed him once how to open the screen lock and then the children's educational games apps, and that was it, he has no trouble navigating and using it ever since. :eek:

It's instinct....kids are born knowing to use the iPad.....this was Steve Job's real approach to world domination. one baby at a time.

OP
T

TanjayLady6204

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yap, it is amazing, considering, a todler playing with an expensive equipment...he is very careful with it, and never play with it without any supervision. He has learnt so much already! the only thing he can't do yet is to type a word in search if he wants to watch something on youtube (i.e. video clips of cars, trains, and buses, whether they toys or real, are among his favourites).

We bought him an archos 70 internet tablet, unfortunately it is not good enough for him. He does not want it at all...He only wants to play either with my ipad or my husband's ipad. His mother told him he is not getting an ipad...lol

Last edited:
OP
T

TanjayLady6204

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think by the time they go to school, they would be teaching their teachers on how to use an ipad...lol.

OP
T

TanjayLady6204

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is funny sometimes when he is playing with an app, then something will come up asking to purchase the full version? He would say "no buy grandma!"...then click it off.

Most reactions

Latest posts