What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Review

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
...My ipad is like the little roadster you take out for a Sunday drive. You're not going to go grocery shopping in it day to day, and if you complain about your sports car's mileage, or the fact that it doesn't have enough torque to haul a boat, well that seems bit silly, doesn't it?....

Okay now, for me? That's the perfect analogy for my iPad. Well, except for the Sunday drive part. I "drive" mine daily... :D

Marilyn

bookdoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I`ve had an iPad for a few months now and I`ll be buying a 200.00 netbook to replace my overhyped iPad this week.

Here`s why..

1; IPad can`t stand alone.
The fact that it needs the support of another computer to even boot up at first start up is a big disadvantage.
2;Lack of a file manager.
This is a deal breaker, I can create files (sometimes) I can view files,(sometimes) I can even save files but I can`t manipulate them.
I can`t put them where I want when I want without additional apps to do so.
3;Can`t print
Again, must purchase additional apps to do the most basic of computer tasks.
4;Can`t attach a file in e-mail. WTF?
I cannot think of a more simplistic basic computer task than attaching a file to an e-mail yet it can`t be done on this machine.
This is simply stupid.
5;Ipad "Photos" app.
Need I say any more?
Oh wait! I can buy YET ANOTHER APP TO DO THAT!
6;File Transfer;
No simple way to get a file from another computer onto the iPad.
Put a USB port on the damn thing already…JESUS!!

In producing a machine that makes these most basic simplistic computer tasks so difficult if even possible to accomplish Apple has left itself open to get it`s ass kicked by the first competitor to make these basic abilities standard and intuitive on whatever tablet product they put out.
It will be an immediately superior machine.

Yes, I know Apple has promised some of these abilities will be available on the next generation.
Why?
Why put out an obviously inferior machine when you know you`re putting out a poor unproductive product.

The games are cool and it`s not a shabby e-reader.

That`s not worth $500.00 bucks to me.
the op has a point. iPad is crippled and the end user has to make lots of research to make it work as a net book replacement. And I got mine working properly without jail breaking but I can understand how people may loose patience.
So true. I'm writing another book and finished one chapter while editing the previous one, then printed out copies of both for files, saved them to the net books two drives and a USB, and backed the files online (I'm security conscious). All this took me several hours. I can't imagine how long it would take me using an iPad or if all this is even possible. Maybe in a few months with the cloud and AirPrint.

Still, the iPad is a great gadget. For more I'd think of the new Airbook which seems to have impressive new features.

Reaction score
I`ve had an iPad for a few months now and I`ll be buying a 200.00 netbook to replace my overhyped iPad this week.

Here`s why..

1; IPad can`t stand alone.
The fact that it needs the support of another computer to even boot up at first start up is a big disadvantage.
2;Lack of a file manager.
This is a deal breaker, I can create files (sometimes) I can view files,(sometimes) I can even save files but I can`t manipulate them.
I can`t put them where I want when I want without additional apps to do so.
3;Can`t print
Again, must purchase additional apps to do the most basic of computer tasks.
4;Can`t attach a file in e-mail. WTF?
I cannot think of a more simplistic basic computer task than attaching a file to an e-mail yet it can`t be done on this machine.
This is simply stupid.
5;Ipad "Photos" app.
Need I say any more?
Oh wait! I can buy YET ANOTHER APP TO DO THAT!
6;File Transfer;
No simple way to get a file from another computer onto the iPad.
Put a USB port on the damn thing already…JESUS!!

In producing a machine that makes these most basic simplistic computer tasks so difficult if even possible to accomplish Apple has left itself open to get it`s ass kicked by the first competitor to make these basic abilities standard and intuitive on whatever tablet product they put out.
It will be an immediately superior machine.

Yes, I know Apple has promised some of these abilities will be available on the next generation.
Why?
Why put out an obviously inferior machine when you know you`re putting out a poor unproductive product.

The games are cool and it`s not a shabby e-reader.

That`s not worth $500.00 bucks to me.
the op has a point. iPad is crippled and the end user has to make lots of research to make it work as a net book replacement. And I got mine working properly without jail breaking but I can understand how people may loose patience.
So true. I'm writing another book and finished one chapter while editing the previous one, then printed out copies of both for files, saved them to the net books two drives and a USB, and backed the files online (I'm security conscious). All this took me several hours. I can't imagine how long it would take me using an iPad or if all this is even possible. Maybe in a few months with the cloud and AirPrint.

Still, the iPad is a great gadget. For more I'd think of the new Airbook which seems to have impressive new features.

Kudos for using the search feature

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Most reactions

Latest posts