What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My review of the ZooGue V2

DrCharles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received my ZooGue Smart Kase V2 in the mail today. I was a fan of the original. I thought the innovation of the built in stand with velcro to put it at any angle was great. The quality was top notch and extremely well made. I had very few minor complaints with the case.

Well, version 2 has fixed all my complaints, and even fixed some I didn't realize until they were fixed. In my opinion, version 2 is superior in every way.

First and foremost, and what seems to be the biggest turn off for many people were the large size of the logos on the case. They are now, small and reasonable, and it makes the case more professional looking. A huge improvement over the original.

The dock port hole was widened to now allow a perfect fit for the USB / Camera adapter while the case is on.

The edge around the screen is cut back 1/4" so it's not covering the full black edge, This is nice when trying to touch near the edges of the screen.

You slide the iPad into the case from the side now, not the top, and it's held closed by a leather strap that tucks inside, and velcro's for a seamless look, instead of the snap and strap on the top. A very nice feature as well.

All the cut outs are more precise, and the fit is slightly more snug then the original. You SHOULD be able to still use a skin, but I don't have one on, so I'm guessing just by the feel of it as you put the iPad in the case.

The Stand on the back now has a arched cut away, so moving the angle is easier to do. That same piece is just a TINY bit shorter, so it doesn't go all the way the the edge when the case is closed normally. Why I like this, the velcro doesn't touch the surface of anything if you lean or stand the case upright, so it doesn't pick up lint, fuzz, or hair as easy.

The inside material used this time is softer and a dark grey. Nice contract to the black. Over all the materials are fantastic, top quality and the manufacturing and build on this is incredible for a China made case. Closing the case even lays better then the original.

If I had even one complaint I would have liked for a magnet system, or even some sort of snap to hold the case open when using it, instead of having to use the velcro straps each time. And speaking of straps, they are still on the case to use this around a headrest of a car.

I highly recommend this case, or at least try to see one in person to judge.

applenoob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone else have this case?...I have v1 and like it except for the cardboard insert, and the large logo. It seems the v2 would make sense for me, just wanted to hear more opinions.

SShadow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have this case, and I really like it as well... But I've only had it for 3-4 months now, and the stitching is starting to "fray" at a couple spots... And 3 of the corners of the leather on the front of the iPad holder has split. A little concerned that it's going to split all the way around. And trust me, when I say I am not rough with this at all. When I carry it around, it's carried in a laptop bag with nothing else in it.
So it's a great case, but I'm getting a little concerned about the longevity of it.

Most reactions

Latest posts