What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Photos app is suddenly crashing !

pcimaging

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the past day or two my iPad started crashing when I go into My Photos app. I start scrolling thru the pictures in any album or event , it gets down the page aways and suddenly the screen turns black and the iPad goes thru the restart process. I have also experienced this in a couple other apps but it is consistant in the My Photos app.
Is this a know issue? I do n opt want to have to go through some total backup in hope of remedying the problem if others have another solution.

Drag Bunt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When this used to happen in Win XP, it was almost always because of a corrupt picture file. XP would try to make a thumbnail from it and...Boom. Could be the same issue here.

See if you can find the file and remove it. Narrow it down by removing groups of files until you have no more crash.

OP
P

pcimaging

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yikes, I see what you are suggesting alright. I may have a bit of a problem there in that I have a few thousand pictures in there. However I do think what you are saying could be the problem.

OP
P

pcimaging

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I resented my photos after deleting some duplicates from my saved photos. That seems to have resolved it. Thanks

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried to install 4.2 and it gave me an error saying I wasn't authorized to activate it so I went back to 3.2.2 which means I now have no jailbreak...so no jailbreak + no 4.2 = I'm pretty pissed.....and to top it off when I got everything synced and working again if I go into photos it starts up and immediately crashes!! How annoying!

Any ideas how to fix that? Everything was working perfectly in 3.2 jailbreak...now that im no 3.2.2 photos is broken and im even more annoyed.

Also I tried to downgrade to 3.2.1 and it said I wasn't authorized to do that.....since when???? Apple is starting to really piss me off!

EpiciPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem too, it only crashes when I scroll through my photos. If I just play a slideshow or skim through them it won't crash. I'm taking it in to Apple to see what they say about it.

Most reactions

Latest posts