What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My personal iPad review.

ivanmarkchang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll try to keep it short.

I had a first generation iPhone for 2 years, which I gave to my older brother. I have a first generation unibody MacBook, but my girlfriend uses it almost exclusively. I have a Windows desktop at home but I'm usually never home. Either I'm working or I'm at a friend's house.

So I bought an iPad :)

As you probably know, the iPad has a rated 10-hour battery life. For the past 2 months I have had to recharge it literally everyday overnight. That's a good thing, because I actually use it constantly for around 14 hours straight. I write documents, email people, browse the web, play games, watch streaming video, read books, use maps on 3g, you name it. I believe that I am an iPad power-user :p Heck, I have 95 apps at the moment :eek:

Tonight, after work, I will be jailbreaking it :eek:

Whenever the next iPad releases (hopefully with FaceTime), I will be selling this one and getting that.

That is all :)

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good review.

Now what would you like to see in the next iPad as features and build of case?

leey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hmm, great review. you echoed some of the sentiments I’ve had myself. Apple got something very right with this product. It seems to me that much of the criticism thus far has come from those who don’t own it and haven’t used it.
It’s an incredibly tactile machine & not just in the obvious sense. I’ve found it’s portability from room to room, chair to floor, sofa to bed etc very liberating. It’s a wonderfully designed device. Honestly, I haven’t had cause to find much lacking in it all. Granted I don’t expect it do everything, but so far it’s served a purpose for anything I wanted to use it for. I’m really looking forward to seeing the form & function evolve.

andykeating

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.isol.co.in
great review..you have already included all the points in this review so i don't have to write one..:)

I had a first generation iPhone for 2 years, which I gave to my older brother. I have a first generation unibody MacBook, but my girlfriend uses it almost exclusively. I have a Windows desktop at home but I'm usually never home. Either I'm working or I'm at a friend's house.

As you probably know, the iPad has a rated 10-hour battery life. For the past 2 months I have had to recharge it literally everyday overnight. That's a good thing, because I actually use it constantly for around 14 hours straight. I write documents, email people, browse the web, play games, watch streaming video, read books, use maps on 3g, you name it. I believe that I am an iPad power-user :p Heck, I have 95 apps at the moment :eek:

Whenever the next iPad releases (hopefully with FaceTime), I will be selling this one and getting that.

newfmp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeah, what he said

as for the next one. I want everything this one should have had

1. proper widescreen
2. more ram
3. retina display
4. at least one camera
5. sd card slot
6. usb card slot
7. built in kickstand

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeah, what he said

1. proper widescreen
What is "improper" about the current screen? What is a "proper" widescreen?
2. more ram
Are you having issues with the amount of RAM presenting installed in your iPad?
3. retina display
I think the main issue here is cost. To make a retina display for the iPad would really drive up the cost.
4. at least one camera
Front? Back?
5. sd card slot
6. usb card slot
It would be nice, but for now there is the Camera Connection Kit.
7. built in kickstand
Perhaps, but there are lots of aftermarket cases and easels that have this feature.

drosenth

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Spot on - I agree.

Question - what is driving you to jailbreak? I have reasons why my iPhone is but I don't have enough reasons to do it on my iPad.

Thanks,
DaveR

GaurhothW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A camera on the front would be nice for video chat, but it is not something i would consider essential.

I would prefer either 1) more RAM or at the very least some 2) workaround to the constant safari page refreshes. Just about every time i go back to a previous tab, i have to wait for a refresh. I haven't really been able to gauge if 4.2 helps with this yet or not.

Gemnilocs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hmm, great review. you echoed some of the sentiments I’ve had myself. Apple got something very right with this product. It seems to me that much of the criticism thus far has come from those who don’t own it and haven’t used it.
It’s an incredibly tactile machine & not just in the obvious sense. I’ve found it’s portability from room to room, chair to floor, sofa to bed etc very liberating. It’s a wonderfully designed device. Honestly, I haven’t had cause to find much lacking in it all. Granted I don’t expect it do everything, but so far it’s served a purpose for anything I wanted to use it for. I’m really looking forward to seeing the form & function evolve.

agreed. I was one of those skeptics when it first came out months ago. In October I started to read real customer reviews on different sites and started to strongly consider getting it. I finally went in to a verizon store and played with both the iPad and the galaxy tab and after asking questions and playing with both, I ultimately decided on the iPad. I do feel that they got it right with this one. Sure you can use a few more bellsand whistles but I am content with this device as is. as I waited in the airport to board my flight to Georgia, I saw several people on their iPads. I think it's a game changer and I am happy to have one. especially right now because I am in a small town in georgia where there is nothing to do so I am keeping myself entertained and productive by having the iPad.

Last edited:

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
yeah, what he said

1. proper widescreen
2. more ram
3. retina display
4. at least one camera
5. sd card slot
6. usb card slot
7. built in kickstand

1. Not me , I want the iPad, not iPlank
2. Yes please.
3. Hope, hope, hope.
4. Please!
5. Meh, would actually rather have an adapter.
6. Ah... I'm not sure if I want it or not. Probably not enough to lose the clean lines of the iPad.
7. God no. Leave that to the case manufacturers please!

To the OP, cool review.

Most reactions

Latest posts