What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My New iPad 2 display may have some color problems.

Padeasel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the original iPad 2 (TWO) and yesterday I purchased the new iPad 2 (NEW) at our local Apple store. When I got home and set it up I was immediately disappointed when it appeared the whites and blues in the Safari Browser f the NEW seemed to lack contrast compared to the TWO. The text was, of course, clearer on the NEW, but the blues were not a vivid and the whites were not as white as those on the TWO when compared side-by-side. I went to the settings on both iPads and set the brightness to full bright and “Auto Brightness†set to OFF. I compared identical photos and it was hard to tell but it seemed that contrast and vibrancy may be a little worse on the NEW. To give it a better visual test I went to a site where I could view Macbeth Color Checker Charts. I did this with both iPads and did side by side comparisons. I still think the TWO has better vibrancy than the NEW. I also think it is easiest to see when comparing the Safari Browser. I invite anyone who has both to do some similar comparisons to see if their NEW looks better than there TWO. Thanks for any and all who spend this effort. I may go back to the Apple store to discuss this with the Genies.If I do, I will report back.

OP
P

Padeasel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One piece of info I forgot to mention. My safari brouser is set to "My Yahoo" so unless you are using this as your Safari Home page, you will not be able to understand or confirm my comments about the Whites and Blues. Sorry for not stating that in the first post

OP
P

Padeasel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In my post, the iPad 2 (TWO) is a second generation and the New iPad 2 (NEW) is a third generation iPad (or a second generatin iPad 2). Apple not giving the third generation iPad a unique name will always cause confusion.

Most reactions

Latest posts