What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I think I have a display problem

Padeasel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I walked into the Apple Store today just to see if my Stand would fit the iPad 3. To my surprise they had plenty of stands of every combination one could possibly want ready to sell so I did purchase an iPad 3.

When I got home I set it up and synced it to my iPad 2 so both iPads will be identical in settings, apps, etc.. Although the iPad 3 has a crisper display, the colors are not as vibrant as they are my iPad 2. The colors seem to have a muddy yellowish cast. There is no real white anywhere. I checked with the settings of both displays at full bright and Auto brightness turned off.

Tomorrow I'm going to go back to the Apple Store with both iPads and show them to them and see if there is a problem or if this is what I should expect. I hope they can resolve the problem.

By the way, my stand does fit.

Anyone else notice this?

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes my wife's is the same and it is probably the glue factor that will take a couple of weeks to dry. This usually affects a small portion of iPads but I've seen several already. Feel free to go back to Apple and when they tell you glueing effect just ask how long. Give it a couple weeks and if it isn't better then take it back again.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have the new iPad, but from my experience with iPad 1 and 2, some units are just more yellowish versus white. (That's if your screen is evenly one shade or the other, rather than blotchy, which seems more like a glue prob.)

My iPad 1 is pure white. My husband's iPad 1 is yellowish. My iPad 2 is yellowish. All three units have maintained their appearance with no change since purchase.

I actually prefer yellowish, but that's a personal thing.

Most reactions

Latest posts