What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My jailbreaking story

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was so excited to finally jb when 5.0.1 was released, i did it the day it was released. BAD IDEA. As soon as i did it, everything that once ran smooth became nearly unusable. Skype is my most used app, and it didn't work PERIOD. i gave it a chance, but after only two days, I was researching DFU mode so I could restore back to my previous set up. Jailbreaking was the worst experience I've had in the whole 10 months of owning my iPad. I would never recommend it to anyone.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Sounds like you just had a rough go of it. Ive had all my iOS devices jailbroken with no issues *shrug* give it a try again. You might find something you missed in the steps or perhaps it was corrupt software download

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Skype won't work on Jailbroken devices, that's the reason, not really a horror story! If the iPad bricked, well then that would of been one..

superhoops

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Skype works on my jailbroken ipad. Just gives you a warning first that you simply ignore

xIkx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To everyone his own opinion. Not everyone is able to use a jailbroken iPad without breaking it.

OP
MoonlitSonata

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
xIkx said:
To everyone his own opinion. Not everyone is able to use a jailbroken iPad without breaking it.

I certainly could use jailbreak if it didn't mess with important (to me) things. I have 22 years computer experience and am in no way a noob at it.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Like someone said must of been a bad JB, I've Jailbroken an iPod touch, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, an iPad,an iPad 2 and an apple TV 2 and I've never had any problems.

OP
MoonlitSonata

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
addiosamigo said:
Like someone said must of been a bad JB, I've Jailbroken an iPod touch, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, an iPad,an iPad 2 and an apple TV 2 and I've never had any problems.

The problem wasn't the jb itself, but what it caused. Guess it's just not for everyone.

mikespe

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I jailbroke my iPad 2 yesterday...and I'm a newb to iOS (more experienced with Android) and mine went smoothly as can be...it must have been the combination of tweaks you did. I've heard some don't play nice. But from what I've read the actual jailbreak itself has no effect on the stability of the iPad...it's the tweaks/apps you install that cause issues...

OP
MoonlitSonata

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
mikespe said:
I jailbroke my iPad 2 yesterday...and I'm a newb to iOS (more experienced with Android) and mine went smoothly as can be...it must have been the combination of tweaks you did. I've heard some don't play nice. But from what I've read the actual jailbreak itself has no effect on the stability of the iPad...it's the tweaks/apps you install that cause issues...

I hadn't installed any tweaks by that point.

mikespe

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hadn't installed any tweaks by that point.

There HAD to have been a corrupt file in the download of abstithe (sp) you used. Speaking from Android experience & what I've gathered with iOS...the actuall jailbreak/root does NOT make the system unstable in anyway.

Most reactions

Latest posts