What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My ipad2

buzzy23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new to the site. My name is William dairy and wondering about the following: my iPad 2 will not run "around me". All of the points like gas stations and resturants are in texas and I live in florida. Additionally, there are no latitude an longitude references at the bottom. I have had this unit for a month and I thought that in the beginning there were these markings at the bottom.

Can anybody help
Thanks
Buzzy23

Hdchiky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Buzzy23 and welcome to the forum. Just a quick check.. did you go to Settings> Location Services>AroundMe (make sure it is in the On position)? Not sure this will do anything for you but it might. Or, did you look at the little globe on the bottom of your screen when you are in AroundMe and set your current location? Just thinking of a couple things you could try. Good luck!

Chiky

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

Do you have a WiFi or 3G iPad. Only the 3G iPad has GPS - the WiFi iPad can only determine its position very approximately when it's within signal range of a WiFi hotspot whose position is in the database used by Apple. If it's outside the signal range of a hotspot, or the hotspot doesn't have its location in the database, then the iPad cannot determine its location.

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts