What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exchanged Acer iconia for IPAD2!!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I have been reading through these forums since July 15 of this year. That was the day I purchased the Acer Iconia a500. For ~ 2 months, I tried learning the Honeycomb operating system. The learning curve was steep and at times frustrating. I finally got a good understanding of the tablet, but there was always my worry about the OS being too new and still buggy with new updates...often seen on the android forums. I believe that the Acer Tablet is a very strong tablet with the Android OS-it had the functionality and customization that one could love...but I kept feeling that the Ipad2 was what I needed. Every time I went to the Target or Best Buy-I would ALWAYS go by the Ipad2 and play with it!

I found after using the Acer for 5 weeks that most individuals like to use this OS to change the stock OS and tweak. With it being new, many on the android forums were already comfortable being able to "repair" things that went wrong with the android tablet. While I am very comfortable with computers, I felt no desire to have to "repair" or "root" a system...knowing my luck I would probably screw things up. In addition, I thought the presence of FLASH, USB port and SD card slot was an initial personal strong point for me. However, over time--I felt that it was nice, but not truly necessary for my use.

So this weekend, I exchanged my Acer for an Ipad2 --- and so LOVE IT!! I feel so comfortable with my decision, having the luxury to have used the android tablet for 5 weeks. Love my decision, the excellent user experience and the wonderful customer service that APPLE is known to have!

This forum since the beginning has impressed me. Everybody seems really nice and polite. I look forward to future threads and very happy to join the Apple community!!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts