What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My iPad respring insanely slow, please help

Timey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I own an iPad 2 jailbroken with absinthe ios 5.1.1. I got some tweaks installed and apps as well. My iPad is really really slow when respring, not tLking about reboot that I never do. I used to think that it was due to tweaks and apps but my friend that has a lot too and loves surfing in cydia and downloading tweaks can respring really faster than me. I really wouldn't want to restore the iPad as everytime I restore from backup a few icons are in the right place and most of them aren't so I have to place all of the icons back into folders and that takes me really a lot of time and if the probl3m is in tweaks and apps theI'm not sure it would solve it. I'll really appreciate any help, thanks everyone in advance.

yof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is your switcher (recent bottom icons) contain a lot? If so, try ending some tasks. What tweaks do you have?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A long respring is an indication that you have a tweak installed which is not fully compatible with the iPad or the version of IOS you are running 5.1.1. (yof - removing apps from the switcher will not help in this particular case, since a respring removes all running apps from memory, so the switcher just becomes a list of previous apps which takes up no RAM of any significance at all).

The only way to find out which one it is is by doing your research. You can disable tweaks individually using SBSettings > More > Mobile Substrate Addons, and turn tweaks OFF one by one (or in a group). When you exit SBSetting the device will respring. Keep turning things OFF until you get a normal length respring, then you know you have found the culprit...

Last edited:
OP
T

Timey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The only way to find out which one it is is by doing your research. You can disable tweaks individually using SBSettings > More > Mobile Substrate Addons, and turn tweaks OFF one by one (or in a group). When you exit SBSetting the device will respring. Keep turning things OFF until you get a normal length respring, then you know you have found the culprit...

I tried doing as you suggest, I've actually disabled all tweaks and it still takes a very very long time, something between 2 mins without all tweaks and around 3 and a half-4 mins with them.

yof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried doing as you suggest, I've actually disabled all tweaks and it still takes a very very long time, something between 2 mins without all tweaks and around 3 and a half-4 mins with them.

Can you list your tweaks?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you list your tweaks?

Yes, and since it persists when all mobile substrate tweaks are disabled, make sure you list everything you installed from Cydia including any apps... It must be something which runs outside of MS, so won't be a simple tweak...

OP
T

Timey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't really have cydia apps, I only have Ifile, atube video downloader, change carrier and respring.

Last edited:

yof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't really have cydia apps, I only have Ifile, atube video downloader, change carrier and respring.

I see that you eddited your post before you had,

"Yeah sure. Absolution ipad (winterboard theme),
Sbsetings (so all tweaks that come with it such as activator),
Atube video downlader,
Barrel,
Change carrier,
Colorbkeyboard he,
Cyde's sbsetings theme,
Fastr respring & resprng (i have to delete one of ttem because i downloaded them to try and solve the problem),
Infinidock,
Inifiniboard,
Infinifolder,
Killbackground,
Ifile,
Quasar,
That's it, I don't really have lots of winterboard themes since they get expensive."

Barrel, Winterboard, & Quasar would be the cuprit for my guess. Delete winterboard if you can find alternatives, because it uses a lot of ram. Barrel uses the most out of all of them. Quasar I didn't try for long because it was so buggy and laggy. Springtomize 2 makes a great alternative to simple tweaks that winterboard builds up, and isn't as bad as Winterboard.

Unless you removed them all and those are the ones you have atm. Consider downloading iCleaner from Cydia and use it once to remove those clogged file system.

OP
T

Timey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah i edited because i noticed that i didn't have as many as i thought and i had them on my ipad1 and didn't have any problem. What do you mean with clogged file system?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Take a look at those Infini-series tweaks. They make your iPad's springboard different than the stock programming or cache files were built for. Maybe the long respring times are because of them.

I recommend you remove those three and see if that helps the long respring problem. Just a guess, though...

Marilyn

yof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If that method works then I'll be darn! Well clogged as in, left over undeleted files. It might not change anything, but it will improve your speed every once in a while its used.

OP
T

Timey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I removed them and the respring is way faster now, around 1:03 secs now, is that good? Or should it be even faster normally?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I removed them and the respring is way faster now, around 1:03 secs now, is that good? Or should it be even faster normally?

I'm surprised the infini apps speeded things up when you removed them. I've been a long time owner of those and never had any problems, although I'm only using dock at the moment...

1 minute is still slow, but at least it is going in the right direction. My respring take about 15 seconds normally.

yof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah. Try the other tweaks as well and re install and see the difference. Respring does yeah take around 15 secs. or 5-10, with iPad 2.

Most reactions