What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbroken iPad 2 getting slow

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last tweak I downloaded was FakeClockUp.
After a while of using the tweak my iPad 2 started acting funny. Respring takes ages and sometimes it starts up in safe mode.
And it got slow. It takes a long while for any app to launch, and some even crash.

Does anyone know what is wrong with my iPad 2?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I doubt fake clock up is the issue as this only changes one parameter on the OS.
It is much more likely to be something else, either an incompatible Cydia application / tweak, or you may just have gone too far installing stuff. How many packages do you have installed? I have had a lot of stuff on my iPad2 and never had any problems.
When you are slipping into safe mode it is normally a springboard / lockscreeen tweak which was designed for the iPhone or an older version of IOS.
If you list out all the stuff you have installed we'll see if we can help. Another good bit of info, when you reboot the iPad, how much free memory do you get after the boot is complete? You can check with SBSettings...

OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After reboot; available memory is 316 MB.
I have a lot of tweaks installed on my iPad.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, anything over 300MB is good. You'll just need to identify what the culprit might be.

Most reactions

Latest posts