What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My iPad has started freezing and rebooting after I try to connect my apple keyboard

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can anyone help with this? I have used the same combination of iPad and Apple bluetooth keyboard since buying the iPad. It's never had this problem until recently. If I'm working on something and go to use or turn on the bluetooth keyboard the iPad freezes and either reboots itself or has to be rebooted and it's now taking longer and longer to reboot. Very frustrating in the middle of meetings! Any suggestions or experience with this?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you're working on a file, close the app and connect the keyboard afterwards. Then open the file/document again and continue working.
Also make sure that the Bluetooth icon isn't greyed out or blinking when you start typing, but solid.

vespa5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem. My Apple OEM wireless keyboard would connect, then freeze my iPad Air. Oh well, I think a lot of this has to do with the new integration of iOS 7. There has already been an announcement that an update is right around the corner (thank goodness, this has been a shaky transition from iOS 6 in my opinion)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If Johanna's suggestion does not work, try going to the BlueTooth settings and forgeting the keyboard. Restart the iPad, and pair the keyboard again. If you don't remember, you press and hold the power button on the keyboard until the little green led starts blinking to put the keyboard in visible/paring mode.

Good luck.

Most reactions