What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My iPad 3G (iOS 4.2 GM) only displays EDGE.

DrBRAD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
itunes.apple.com

ocp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ya having that issue, did network reset and still nogo

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have this problem too. Didn't associate it with 4.2 however til reading your post because I didn't have 3G service at my home til today! So I was running 4.2 before I realized I had the problem! Three iPhones, and three iPads in the house, and only my iPad has this issue, and I'm the only one who has upgraded to 4.2.

docguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same problem

I have the same problem. Apple support told me that it must be an AT&T issue -- that they don't have 3G coverage here. I told her that I've been using 3G at home and work successfully for the 5 months I've had my iPad, and it only stopped working on the day I upgraded to iOS4.2. She said that there must be more people on the network now, so I can't get 3G.

That is BS. The day I upgrade to iOS4.2, 3G stopped working everywhere I go. It is clearly an iOS4.2 issue, even if Apple won't admit it.

I tried resetting the network, and I still only get Edge connectivity. She told me to reset my iPad to factory settings. I can't do it at work, so I'll try it tonight. I'm not holding my breath.

If that doesn't work, I'm going to take it back to the Apple store for a hardware issue.

mrsfoster7503

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same Problem but I didn't upgrade yet!

I've been on Edge network only since the weekend, and I haven't even upgraded to the new OS yet. I am still on 3.2.2 (I'm jailbroken). This has to be bigger than the update. I'm beyond frustrated. :-(

jopi1954

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad stuck on Edge....PROBLEM SOLVED

After much struggling i solved the problem :)
Just restored the ipad to original settings and setup as a new ipad.... if you restore the backup the problem remains... !!!

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I solved it the same way. I restored and had 3G, then put my backup on and was back to Edge. Did another restore and started from scratch and retained my 3G. A real pain to say the least, but at least I can finally use the 3G which has finally become available here!

Most reactions

Latest posts