What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My ipad 3 settings is nagging me to update to 5.1.1 how do I shut off this nag?

jamku

iPF Noob
Reaction score
maybe you should just update. it's not that hard! :)

ZeroCooL02

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I,ve update mine, yesterday. I haven't notice any change... This update is made for some buggs. I didn't notice those bugs before update... No changes for me...

Best regards,
The french old geek!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like a jailbreak might be close for 5.1 so probably a good idea not to do this update if you are waiting for it. Mickey330 and f4780y would likely be able to advise whether 5.1.1 will kill any JB possibilities for 5.1.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

Lucky_Charms

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mbspears said:
Why not just let it update?

Because he/she may want to jailbreak it when it becomes available and the update might prevent the jailbreak from working. At least that's why I'm not doing the update anyways.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are probably many people who are not upgrading to the new firmware version. I am one of them.

Unfortunately, if you are holding off on upgrading to the new iOS (5.1.1) because you are waiting to see what happens in the jail breaking community, you will have to put up with any notifications, warnings, etc. - you know, nagging!

Just be extra careful and vigilant and don't blindly click on a dialog box. Ensure you read it (both on the iPad and in iTunes). Don't want to "accidentally" upgrade!

And, no, we've not heard whether its safe to move up to iOS 5.1.1. yet. However, just apply the jail breaker's general rule of thumb: Do not upgrade until there is a jail break or until you are told to by a prominent/respected member of the jail break community. We play a waiting game and usually are one firmware iteration behind.

Marilyn

OP
P

pego99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Mickey. If I wanted to "just update" I wouldnt have posted the question.

NewForce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That was easy...

Pretend you didn't see.PNG

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Actually, there is a very good reason not to update as a rule. Each new update, as historically shown, adds more stuff and slows down and constipates your iPad.

That said, I will probably do this incremental update because Apple has said that it includes some security patches. The Mac world is becoming increasingly vulnerable to malware.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tuttle said:
Actually, there is a very good reason not to update as a rule. Each new update, as historically shown, adds more stuff and slows down and constipates your iPad.
Can you produce any facts to back up your claim?

Most reactions

Latest posts