What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My final 4 Genuine leather cases

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ajneuman said:
I agree with you, I go back and forth about getting a case that holds a notepad that I could use in meetings and one with a built in stands for typing, viewing movies.

Why wouldn't you just use your iPad to take notes?

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
GlenL said:
Why wouldn't you just use your iPad to take notes?

Well some people haven't quite reached the comfort level of saying goodbye to notepads. Besides some don't exactly spit out 35 words per minute either so if you're not a good typist or not comfortable typing on the iPad then a notepad may come in handy for a while.

OP
E

egish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
egish said:
Thank you very much for the tips guys. I appreciate it.

I think I like the Yoobao case the best out of the 4. It is real leather and it seems to have good quality as well.

I'm considering the Yoobao case as well. Please post pictures and/or a review if you get it.

I ordered it from Amazon via AYL and I should get it this week hopefully.

Well I got my case today. Very fast delivery since I ordered it Thursday night. It is a very nice fit and the pictures posted from the Amazon site are just fine. So I will not bother posting any more. The openings are done very nice and fit well over them.. nice and centered. There is even a small opening over the microphone. It is a very attractive case. The inner securing flap that tucks behind the iPad 2 is very well done as well.

It does have smart cover technology for opening and closing... turning on/off the iPad. Very nicely done. The inside of the cover is a very soft real (I believe it is anyways) leather or maybe it is suede with a nice smell to it. I am disappointed in that the out shell is not real leather. I am considering returning it for that very reason. I was looking forward to the look and softness on the outside of real leather like the Targus pouches or More cases. Yoobao has a 100% satisfaction guarentee. So I may return it.

So far I am very pleased with the product. I find the stitching to be very nice and everything fits very nice and snug. The width of the faceframe on the face of the iPad is very good.

I will give it a try for a few days and then make up my mind. If your not concerned with real leather on the outside and want a great folio style case.. this is very good in my opinion.

Once again I was impressed by the quickness of the shipping. It was shipped from Anaheim.

Last edited:

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ajneuman said:
Sometimes it's just easier to put pen to paper.

I believe that too. That's why I still just only bring notepads into meetings instead of iPad + notepad. For me, I don't like the bulk of carrying both.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Piel Frama was also pretty high up on my shortlist when I was looking for a leather iPad case last year, but ultimately I found that I didn't like any of these "corporate-looking" covers and went with something from Oberon Design instead.

Amorissette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
None of the cases I have had seem to do it all. the griffin works best for the simplicity of holding some papers/ business cards.. But its front flap does not bent to make an angle.. I use whatever is handy where I need to type... Even a banana when I am in the kitchen!

All this high tech stuff supported by a simple fruit... Nature has the final say! Lol

Matt1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Checkout the Marware ceo hybrid for the iPad 2. It looks great and seems to have all the needed features of a folio.

Griz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Late or no replies

It's only the way I do business, but I wouldn't purchase a product from any outfit that took two days to reply to my email.

Bud

I am surprised that I am not seeing or hearing any aftermarket manufacturer talking about adding magnets to turn the iPad2 off and on when opening or closing.

I looked at zoogue and really liked their product. Really liked the infinite adjustable velcro in the stand. I emailed them asking about the magnetic smart feature two days ago and no response at all, yet

Most reactions

Latest posts